-004-

-•𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑•-

ʙᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪɴ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴍᴏᴅᴇ

Throughout light breezes and harsh winds, the clouds begun to bruit Kimiyo and Sukuna's unparalleled triumphs at their young age

They were both around 13 years old, and it was time for Kimiyo to be sent off with a mentor to gain experience. Kimiyo had asked for permission from her father to take Sukuna along with her.

"He could be a great asset in the future with his potential, father. He has a surplus of cursed energy rivaling my own." Kimiyo had said, hiding the crawling disgust in her stomach from describing her one and only friend in such a dehumanizing way.

Her father laid his violent eyes down on the little girl, before speaking in a gruff tone, "If your chosen mentor accepts him as a student, I'll allow it. I have no qualms with her decision-making."

All Kimiyo knew of her soon-to-be mentor was that she was a woman, and trusted by her father with her intelligence.

To be a willing asset to her father was to be a threat to others innocent or cursed.

A light hand smacked her head, effectively snapping the still Kimiyo out of her pondering.

"Sukuna." She turned her head, meeting familiar crimson eyes that melted her icy eyes into an ocean.

Sukuna grinned at the happy acknowledgement, "Kimi."

Kimiyo's cheeks felt warm at the sound of her name out of his mouth. The softness in his tone was unlike his indifferent (harsh) tones used for others. She could hear him softly say her name a hundred times over and she'd still feel the same happiness as the first time.

His salmon pink hair was lightly brushed back by the wind, while Kimiyo's remained in a ponytail with two strands of hair framing her face.

Kimiyo and Sukuna both turned their heads at the wooden opening to the clan compound as a woman approached the two silently til she stopped around 10 feet away from them.

Sukuna noticed Kimiyo's posture shifting into one of guard, which begun to confuse him. As her head lightly bowed he begrudgingly copied her, staring at the ground in disgust.

This would be the last time he'd have to do something so degrading of dignity, he decided.

"Two children? It was agreed that I'd take on one disciple." The woman said. Her voice oozed with confidence as it stayed low yet ragged.

"My father had agreed that Sukuna could show himself, and it would ultimately be up to you whether you accept him as your student or not... However," Kimiyo's head lifted from the small bow to make unwavering eye contact with her yellow eyes. "it was my humble request. I do hope you make your decision wisely should you wish to have cooperation." Her last words were a threat. The stranger almost laughed at the thought of some 10 year old threatening her.

Sukuna and Kimiyo couldn't help but feel uneasy at her predatory gaze mostly directed at the latter. Something felt wrong.

"Very well," The white and black haired woman snapped her eyes to Sukuna. "I can already sense your abnormal capacity of cursed energy, among... other abnormal things. Due to the renowned Fukumoto prodigy's vouch I can't seem to find a big enough factor to decline her request. Sukuna, was it? The name always seems to follow behind Fukumoto's whenever I hear of her."

"It is." Sukuna stated, although the corner of his lip twitched downward in annoyance.

She had sickly pale skin with defined cheekbones shining like a dead moon. Her frizzy, dead, black hair with streaks of white was messily placed into a low bun, with the front strands of hair fallen out. She held brown-amber eyes that seemed to always steer back to Kimiyo. Although bland tones filled her face it seemed alight with the crazed look in her eyes.

Kimiyo's observation dug deeper to see her energy, only to see a dark, dark, purple. The hairs on the back of her neck rose up in alarm. How can a jujutsu sorcerer have so much of its energy concentrated into murderous intent?

"I'm Yosei Misaki." The lady smiled as she stared at Kimi, although it looked maniacal too. Her voice remained low, yet to Kimiyo it rivaled the sound of nails on a chalkboard.

The clan prodigy's eyes sharpened. No wonder there was something off with her. One branch of the Yosei family were related to the Fukumoto. The white streaks of hair as a birthmark says it all.

The Yosei clan is known for its specialization of minds and their cognitive functions. Mind manipulation is better wording. The Yosei clan is quite small, so it isn't too well known due to typically being grade 2 or 3 at their maximum potential, so they aren't a threat (only retrieving random memories at a time for interrogation). However, that wouldn't be the case if she is a first or special grade... which is a possibility when she has Fukumoto blood inside her..

If she is, I'm in danger, Kimi thought as she looked away from her piercing eyes. She felt as if she could not trust her conscience with Yosei-sensei's eyes staring into the depths of her soul. She doesn't recall hearing of a Yosei Misaki in the midst of any grand discussions. It's either she hasn't revealed herself completely to the Fukumoto clan, or she soon will cause some sort of problem.

Killing would save all our future problems, Kimi sighed internally.

"Now then, let's get going. We must not wait any longer." The Yosei murmured, putting a hand on her cursed katana's handle.

"Okay, sensei." Kimi murmured alongside Sukuna (although no respectable term at the end).

Kimiyo wore a light blue hakama with light edges while Sukuna wore a white one with dark edges. Kimiyo took care in finding something that would allow good movement with four arms. If he wishes he could shed the top of the hakama off to have full range of arm movement. Kimi tried to make him wear a light pink and brown hakama but to no avail.

The three began to run through the woods, jumping across tree branches and rocks to continue their fast pace.

A memory flooded into Kimiyo's mind following the meeting with her father that day.

Her older brother left her Father's studies with a gloomy feeling around him only Kimi would have noticed, but his expression said it all. He grabbed Kimiyo's shoulder and roughly dragged her to her room.

"What is it, Kaito?" She whispered quietly with furrowed eyebrows.

"Be... Be careful, Kimiyo. Real' careful around that new mentor of yours. I don't know when, but she might tamper with you somehow. I don't know how, but in the future, when you were an adult, you didn't look like your usual self and killed her. That's all I saw. She was old, and you... you killed her without a second thought. You were real' angry." He hissed, his grey eyes staring down into her own eyes that believed he was telling the truth.

"... Okay. I believe you." Kimiyo whispered, to which he let out a breath of relief and put a hand on her head.

"And... take care of your pet. I've only seen such an expressive look on your face when Sukuna is involved."

"He's no pet, brother." She spat in disdain.

"My apologies, little blue." He didn't seem apologetic apart from the light head-pat.

Kimiyo took a glance at her new teacher, only to see a swirl of excitement inside her cursed energy.

Something's really off.

word count 1271