CHAPTER ELEVEN, lazy day bliss mixed with gala at night

After breakfast, Nico went home, knowing he probably needed to spend some time with his aunt too. His father had left him and his mom at a young age and his mom was barely ever around and if she was then she was in rehab. So his aunt had took him in when he was young. They were close and she was the only family he really had. He was grateful for her, and he knew that she would be there for him no matter what.

While Nico went home for a bit, Alaina got ready for the day and when she finished, she got a facetimed call from Lahela. She accepted it and her best friend's face popped up on the screen.

"Hey, Lahela, what's up?"

"I don't know what to do and I need help." Lahela admitted and Alaina frowned, noticing she looked nervous.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" Alaina asked with concern.

"Oh, yes. Everything is great. Better than great." Lahela nodded.

"Then why do you look so worried?" Alaina questioned, her lips forming into a frown.

"I'm not worried. Well, kinda. I don't know. Walter is back-"

"Wait, really?" Alaina gasps, her eyes widening with surprise. "That's great, right?" She asked, tilting her head to the side with a small smile.

"Yes, and no. I mean, Kayden and I are trying to work things out. We're going on another date tonight. But then there's Walter...He's been here a week now and we've been spending time together, catching up and stuff. I think I still have feelings for him. But I really wanna be with Kayden. He makes me happy and we have fun together. Walter does too.." Lahela sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose. "I don't know what to do or how to deal with this situation."

"Hmm, that is a tough one.." Alaina said thoughtfully, biting her lip as she tried to think of the best way to handle the situation. "Go with your heart. I know that sounds like a cliche thing, but it's true. If Kayden makes you happy and you're enjoying spending time with him, then be with him. You're just friends with Walter, right?"

"Yeah." Lahela nods. "But I still have feelings for him too, and I can't seem to get him out of my mind. Every time I see him, I remember how much fun we used to have together, and how good things were between us. It's hard not to feel something. But then there's Kayden..." She sighs, running a hand through her hair. "I don't want to hurt either of them. They're both important to me. I just wish I could figure out what I really want."

"I get it, Lae. It's not an easy situation to be in," Alaina sympathizes. "But sometimes, we have to make tough choices in order to find our own happiness. Think about what you truly want in a relationship and what makes you the happiest. Follow your heart, but also consider the long-term implications of your decisions. Ultimately, you need to prioritize your own feelings and well-being."

Lahela nods, her expression thoughtful. "You're right, Lainey. I need to really think about what I want and what's best for me in the long run. Thanks for listening and giving me advice. I really appreciate it."

"Anytime, Lahela. You know I'm always here for you," Alaina smiles warmly. "Just remember to take your time and trust yourself to make the right decision. Everything will work out in the end."

"Thanks, Alaina. I'll keep that in mind," Lahela smiles back. "I'll let you know how things go with the date tonight."

"Sounds good. I'll be waiting to hear all about it," Alaina replies, her smile widening. "And if you need anything else, don't hesitate to reach out. I'm here for you, always."

"Thanks, Alaina. You're the best," Lahela said gratefully before ending the call. "So...How are you and Nico doing?" Lahela smirked, an amused glint in her eyes.