5 - Shrouded in Secrecy

Dun, dun ... duuuunnnn!!!!

-

"You've seen too much of the darkness

"You've seen too much of the darkness. It's time you let the light in, and that won't start until you give it a chance."

- Isadora Hartwright

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

That Night

RACHEL REGRETTED ASKING HER AUNT FOR HELP the second she showed her the dress she was to wear that night. It was one that Isadora had purchased for Rachel earlier in the year for her school's reunion that she didn't attend. She was sitting at her vanity when Isadora entered, holding up the dress on a cloth hanger with this big grin on her face. It left her face when she saw how Rachel reacted upon seeing the dress. "Now, do not give me that look." Isadora lowered the dress and warned Rachel, walking up closer to her.

Rachel, who sat in her long, floral silk dressing gown at her vanity, stifled back a giggle. "I'm not giving you a look."

"Yes, you are. And for the record don't you remember the deal you made me? You said-"

"You don't have to repeat it."

"You said," She continued talking as if Rachel hadn't interrupted her. "If I let you skip that gala your school held then you'd keep the dress and allow me to choose when you'll wear it next. Today's the day, beautiful." She turned around to hang it on the top of her closet door, smoothing down the skirt with a giddy grin. "And it'll go along perfectly with your tan coat-" Isadora turned back around, pointing a finger at her niece. "which you need to wear because it's quite cold out." She then walked up closer to Rachel. She put both her hands on her shoulder, twirling her pointer finger in the air. "Turn back to your mirror." Rachel obeyed, twisting on her seat to face her vanity's mirror.

"Now," Isadora pursed her lips, running her fingers through Rachel's hair. "About your hair and makeup."

"I feel like you're making this a big deal out of tonight when there's no need to."