- { Chapter 19 } -

Start from the beginning

     Then, she gets to work on using her magic to rearrange and decorate the room. With a snap of her fingers, the mattress of the bed now lays on the floor without a frame or box-spring, just like her bed at the boarding school. She moves it over to the back right corner of the room, but not before laying down a soft, dark gray rug. Once the rug is down, she sets the mattress down atop it and snaps her fingers, fitting it with new sheets, blankets, and pillows.

     Once her bed is finished, she hangs a bunch of shelves above it, filling them with books, candles, potted plants, and other knick-knacks. She then lines the shelves with some warm-toned fairy lights, leaving some of them to dangle down. She hangs a few pieces of artwork above her bed and steps back, smiling in satisfaction at her work. Then, she moves on to the rest of the room.

     Nikkol gets to work on hanging more fairy lights in a sort of webbed pattern on her ceiling. On the opposite side of her room from her bed, she sets up a little seating area. She summons some bean bag chairs and positions them in the corner of the room around a low-sitting apothecary table, which she fills with her magic supplies. Then, she hangs up some more artwork.

     Against the wall next to the door, she sets her desk up. Plain and simple. Then, she repositions her wardrobe so it's against the same wall as the head of her bed, but closer to the door and her desk. She decorates the empty wall next to the door with a photowall, hanging up pictures of her family. After all of that, she's finished with her room.

     She smiles to herself, happy with her work. Then, she opens the door and heads to the library to see what the boys are doing. As soon as she walks through the doorway, Sam and Dean look up at her with smiles on their faces.

"Done already?" Dean asks.

     Nikkol smiles and nods as she walks over to the table they're at and sits down with them, "Yeah, magic helped speed up the process. What are you guys doing?"

"Looking for hunts," Sam says as he turns his laptop around so she can see the screen.

"Are you looking for any creature in particular?" she questions curiously.

     Dean shakes his head as he takes a sip of the beer he was nursing, "Nah. Usually we just keep an eye out for anything weird in the news."

"And when you find something?"

"We go check it out in person to see if it's our kinda thing," Sam answers her question.

     Nikkol nods in response. "So, is this what you guys normally do when you're not hunting? Just sit around the bunker?" she asks.

     The two Winchesters chuckle. "Pretty much," Dean says.

⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎

     A few days later, the boys still hadn't found a hunt yet. So, the three of them were just sitting around the bunker and relaxing. Nikkol had tried to sleep in her own room on her first night staying at the bunker. She really did. But, when the boys were woken up in the middle of the night by the sounds of her screaming through the walls, they quickly decided that one or both of them would stay with her during the night to make sure she got a decent sleep.

     Last night, Sam stayed in her room with her. They were both snuggled up in her bed, Nikkol laying her head on his chest as he wrapped his arm around her. They were sleeping peacefully when Sam's alarm on his phone went off. Nikkol grumbled at the sudden loud noise, burying her face into his chest and covering her ears. Sam chuckled tiredly at her actions as he reached out to grab his phone and turn off the alarm.

     After he had turned his alarm off, he turned his attention back to the tribrid in his arms. He looked down at her with a soft smile and kissed the top of her head, whispering softly, "Morning."