52. - An Infestation? Great..

Start from the beginning

It felt ominous - like there was something keeping them away.

Warning;
Mass collection of monsters detected.

....And right as I was talking about not finding a single one..
Well, where are they?

Detected signs of Magical Energy to the South.

South?
That's to my right I think. I stopped for a moment, looking off into the forest ground. Part of me wanted to head on and look for the monster group that [Overworld Detection] had picked up in order to gain some extra exp, however, another part of me was sort of hesitant to do so.

Mainly because I didn't want to lose the path or stray too far away from it, as I wasn't exactly sure I'd be able to find my way back.

'Is this worth my time?'

I thought. That was another thing to consider - was it even worth my time, to head on and look for the group of monsters?
Would I just he wasting my already precious time by going there?

Sure, I had quite a lot of it, since I had still like 4 or something days until I reach 'Deadmans Graveyard', but I didn't exactly want this 'trip' to drag on for too long.

After thinking about it carefully for a bit, I sighed before stepping into the forest.

'Screw it, I'm sure I'll find my way back to here.'

I thought, before switching to my snake form and beginning to quickly and swiftly slither through the forest, towards the area where the monster presence had been picked up.

I slithered through the forest, looking all around for the monster presence I had detected. It was quite easy to navigate this forest, as it was a LOT less dense compared to the forest I was lost in, where I had found Arabor.

Actually... Now that I think about it, I wonder how Arabor is doing inside of my soul...
I'm sure he's fine. (He's not fine.)

Despite the trees being quite spread out and the forest not being that dense at all, I was still somehow struggling to find the monster group I had picked up.
Which was very strange and sort of embarrassing, since in my mind, it should be very easy to find the monsters, especially with this type of forest.

After looking for a while longer, I didn't manage to find them. I had already sort of given up and was about to head back, when suddenly, a strong headache hit me once again.

'What... The.. hell..?'

I thought, squeezing my eyes open as the pain of the headache worsened for a moment.

ALERT:
⟨Corruption of Abyss⟩ has taken great effect.
A stronger use of [Devourer] is required to subdue it once more.

Increase [Devourer] strength?

Of course!
Is that even a question?! I don't need the fucking corruption to kick in now!

Understood.
Beginning subduing of ⟨Corruption of Abyss⟩.

Man, this is bad..
How the hell did the corruption take greater effect?..
Wait... This headache - I felt it also before I began my trip. Does it mean that back then, I was also feeling the corruption begin taken greater effect..?

After a bit of struggling, the headache subdued as a little more Magical Energy of mine was used up for [Devourer] maintenance on the corruption.
After the headache subdued, I sighed before rising back up from the ground.