Murtasim adjusted the binocular, and checked the boundaries of the land, he could see some scarecrows strategically placed and then he saw some movement. A couple of men, probably Zulfikar's men  entering the land. "Bhaktu i think lets leave, before they find us" Murtasim said, as he pulled down the binocular.

But one of his men, were in a full mood to  venture into the land and confront those men. "Khan, aap kahe to un admiyon ko pakkad lete hai"

"Nahi" Both bhaktu and Murtasim spoke together. "Hum abhi nahi karenge kuch"

His word was the last. And so every one assembled into their vehicles, and one by one, the cars lined to quietly leave before getting caught.

_____________________________________________________________________________

The cars entered the Khan property, the gates closing behind them as the cars parked. Murtasim stepped out of the car, disheveled look on his face as his clothes now cumbled but, he walked with a command, confidently walking ahead, as he firmly nodded at his men, acknowledging them, and walked inside the haveli.

"Arrey Bhai, aap aa gaye, Maa begum ne bataya tha aap aogey, to humne apke pasand ka nashta bhi banvaya hai"

"Marium.." He said and he looked at her. He was immensely protective of his younger sister and often took her side, whenever Maa Begum corrected her or put limitations on her. "Kaisi chal rahi hai padhai, college main dakhila ho gaya tumhara?"

"Haan bhai ho to gaya, lekin aapko to pata mujhe Karachi main padhna tha, jahan see Meerab ne padhai ki hai"

Murtasim cleared his throat as he placed glass back on the tray that Mariaum held. "Mariaum this is where I draw the line, you are not going to Karachi and especially not to Meerab's"

"Par kyoun bhai, I can stay with Waqas Chacha, waise bhi Meerab ki graduation kuch mahino main ho jaegi, phir uski aur Faiyaz ki shaadi" as she completed her sentence, she knew she had to stop speaking because Murtasim gave a deathly glare.

"Well on that note, Maa Begum apka dining room main intezaar kar rahi hai"

Walking over to the dining hall, Maa Begum sat at the head of the table, while Anwar sat to the  right.  Quietly eat their breakfast, the only sound that could be heard was of soft placing of the cutlery on their plates. Sophistication reaching its peak even at home. Murtasim rolled his eyes. Even though he would conduct himself in a polished manner at most times, he preferred letting go at least at home. Following suite, he walked over to the left and sat, picking up the crossaint from the platter. "Chacha aapki haveli kya hua?" he looked at Anwar as he took the first bite, wanting to seem nonchalant.

"Haveli kaunsi?" Anwar was busy eating and this question startled him. It was a long time back when he had decided to get the Haveli built  after Ahmed Khan, his father, commissioned it.

"Chacha wahi jo apke Nikaah ke baad banvayi gayi thi" Murtasim responded cooly, not wanting to reveal his intentions.

There was a pause, as if memories that Anwar had buried deep within, came rushing, his distorted face gave away what he actually felt. But the sound of clearing of throat came, "Murtasim tumhe pata hai hum Anwar ke ateet ka zikr nahi karte hai" Maa Begum gave a stern look.

Anwar kept quiet, but when he looked up, he saw that Murtasim awaited his response.

"Wo waisi hi hai, jaisi hamesha thi, veeran main kabhi nahi waha gaya after..." he spoke and left his unfinished and gave a look at Maa Begum as if she knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Toh kaun dekh raha hai usse.. Faiyaz?" Murtasim wanted to confirm.
"Koi nahi" but this Maa Begum and Murtasim both replied.

Sigh. Murtasim nodded and continued to eat.