Chapter 4 - Graduation Trip

Start from the beginning

As such, I could not afford to let this happen. We needed to avoid fighting with them at all costs, and I wasn't going to let them tarnish our reputation.

"You're being rude, Baek Yeomin." I said with a cold tone of voice, not allowing her to continue the fight.

Baek Yeomin looked at us with a sly smirk, but I didn't falter. I kept my tone of voice sharp and calm as I spoke to her.

"I know that you think you can say whatever you want. But you need to understand that you have crossed a line and I won't tolerate your disrespect your insult any longer."

Baek Yeomin looked at me with a sly smirk and then spoke in a mocking tone.

"Oh, really? What makes you think you can tell me what to do?" She said, clearly taking pleasure in pushing me to the edge.

"I don't need to explain myself to you." I said with confidence. "If you can't understand why your behavior is wrong, that's a reflection of your own immaturity."

"You!" Baek Yeomin glared at me she became frustrated to my words but then another person stepped up next to me, surprising me.

It was Kwon Eun Hyung with his maple-spreading hair under the sunlight. He spoke bravely and confronted Baek Yeomin face-to-face.

"I think Kang Haera is right. You went too far. Apologize, Baek Yeomin."

This moment was extremely satisfying to witness, as her arrogance and rudeness finally started getting criticized by everyone else in the class.

Kwon Eun Hyung and others from the class spoke up and defended us and called out Baek Yeomin for her comments on our appearance.

"Yeah, you shouldn't talk about how a person looks."

"Ban Yeoryeong and Dan-I and Kang Haruna have been friends since they were young, right?"

"I think Yeomin has had too much to drink. She's not thinking straight"

"Ugh, I'm so sorry. I said too much." she said with embarrassing look I was satisfied

Eunhyung turned back around to go back to his seat, giving me a calm and friendly look as he did.

"Why don't we return to our seats?" he said, his voice sounding like a genuine request rather than a demand.

"Yeah, thanks. If you weren't here a moment later, the situation would have gotten out of hand." Dan-i said, her words sounding both grateful and concerned.

"Huh?" Eunhyung looked confused "I mean yeoryeong"

"Haha, it's that's so your welcome"

Eunhyung's smile was so bright and kind that Dan-I and I were left speechless for a moment, taking a second to process his words.

But Yeoryeong's reaction was opposite of ours, and she spoke up with a worried expression on her face.

"Haera, Dan-i are you both okay?"

"Huh?" we both said at the same time, feeling puzzled by her concerns.

"Because of me they said bad things both of you..."

Yeoryeong seemed troubled by the remarks that the others had made about us, she's feeling like it was her fault.

Dan-I quickly spoke up to reassure her, saying "This isn't your fault, don't worry about it."

Yeoryeong didn't look convinced, and I lowered my head to avoid her gaze.

"Haera, I'm sorry, too. I didn't realize I was leaving you alone. I'm sorry."