Leather, Lace and Rock-n-Roll

CHAPTER TWO

Hawke waved to the sold-out auditorium one last time before he stepped off stage and into the corridor. Only this time, a pack of hungry women swarmed him like angry bees, stingers poised and ready to attack. Hawke noticed a fiery redhead in the front wearing a short leather skirt, her exposed cleavage winking an invitation. He grinned. Some things made this chaos all worthwhile.

"You want her?"

Hawke glanced at his security manager. He wouldn't even have to ask twice. And he knew all too well she wouldn't hesitate to oblige. "Not tonight, Max."

Hawke waited for Max to ask why. Instead, Max's expression remained blank and he wedged himself between Hawke and the buzzing mob.

Hawke looked back toward the entrance. "So, where are the girls?"

Max pushed a wayward, slender, almost-nude body back behind him. "Not enough attention for one night?"

Hawke snickered as he and Max made their way down the hall toward Hawke's dressing room. "You know who I mean."

"Blonde and busty?"

"Yeah, her and the one with killer green eyes."

Max stopped, tossed a look over his shoulder and then raised an eyebrow. "You noticed her eyes? Over her rack?"

Hawke allowed a slow grin to separate his lips. Obviously, they both agreed photographs didn't do the two women justice. No, he didn't notice her eyes first. In fact, with her positioned directly below his line of vision, not to mention kneeling between his legs, he really hadn't cared if her eyes were even open. Her breasts were perfect, probably a C cup from his best guess, and free from the constraint of a bra. Firm and plump with peaked, rosy-pink nipples. Wild, carnal thoughts of ripping the zipper completely out of his pants and thrusting his aching, needy cock in the valley of her cleavage had almost pushed him over the edge.

And then she lifted her gaze and he found himself drowned in a sea of sparkling green emeralds. Not that he wasn't still distracted by her breasts, but those eyes trapped him. Full of curiosity with a touch of dare me thrown in.

No way would he explain that to Max.

"I noticed that too."

Max hesitated just a second and Hawke felt the silent consideration of his half-assed admission. "She declined your invitation."

A piercing stab of disbelief sliced Hawke's thoughts. "Why?"

Max shrugged. "Something about ruining her reputation. Guess she didn't realize flashing me to get back here wouldn't help much."

Hawke frowned. "Really? She flashed you?"

Max nodded. "Both of them."

No freakin' way.  Hawke's ego roared. He literally had to force her to unjam his zipper, and yet she willingly gave Max a peep show.

"What do I have to do with ruining her reputation?"

"My Intel reveals she's one of those professional types. Doesn't mix business with pleasure."

Hawke gave a confident grin. "Then why is she here?"

Max made a dramatic show of looking around the area. "She's not."

"This wasn't part of the plan," Hawke mumbled.

"I did my part. You were the one supposed to keep her back here."

"Now what?"

"I know where they're headed."

"You do?"