All is well even if the end is not

It was soft. Huh. Davina didn't know why she had just thought of that. She then prepared to lean back and turn away before Harriet is suddenly grabbing Davina's shirt and pulling her closer to her. Not breaking the contact of their lips.

Davina doesn't know what exactly is happening as her mind was still somewhat fogged, but she is more than happy to oblige. She wants Harriet pulled tight against her. She wants and she takes and she has, watching the heat flare in Harriet's eyes before their lips started moving together. It's tentative at first, a question, a graze of lips with so much held back, but when Davina answers with her hands coming up to hold Harriet's back, Harriet's hesitation is washed away and she throws herself into the kiss, threading both hands into Davina's wet hair and kissing her with deliberate, slow intensity. Their mouths fit together exactly as she knew they would, but still there is so much different about this that she cannot explain. She doesn't try.

They kept kissing, hands both on each other's back, trying to pull the other closer. Wait, kissing? Davina's eyes quickly snap open as she pushed Harriet away. Her fogged mind becoming clearer and clearer now. Her fingers coming up to caress her lips, lips where it was just pressed against Harriet's a second ago. "No.." She whispered.

"Davina? I-fuck. I'm sorry. You just did that, and I-i got carried away-" Harriet tried to explain, her face flushed and her lips a bit swollen. Davina had just realized what she'd done.

She stood up. Not caring wether or not she had hit Harriet. Her head is clear but her mind was still blank. She ran to the door. If Harriet had followed her out, she doesn't care. She kept running and running and running with the rain pouring down heavily on her. It was only then that she had realized it wasn't just the droplets of water running down her cheeks. It was tears. She was crying. Why? Why was she crying? She didn't know. All she knew was that she needed to get away. Needed to go somewhere far. Far where-

"Davina!" Harriet called out, reaching for her arm.

Davina spun around, her face twisted in anguish. "Don't touch me!" she yelled, her voice raw with emotion, pulling her arm away sharply.

Harriet flinched, her eyes widening at the intensity of Davina's reaction. She took a step back, shock and hurt etched across her face as she tried to comprehend the sudden shift in Davina's demeanor.

Davina's breaths were heavy and erratic, her chest rising and falling rapidly as if each inhale was a struggle. Tears blurred her vision, mixing with the rain that cascaded down her face. Her emotions were a tangled mess, a whirlwind of confusion, frustration, and a heartache she couldn't understand.

"Why?" Davina's voice quivered, her gaze flickering between Harriet's bewildered expression and the ground. "Why did you let me do that?"

"I-I didn't mean to-I'm sorry," Harriet stammered, her voice choked with regret. "I should've stopped, I shouldn't have-"

"You should've stopped? You should've stopped?!" Davina's voice rose, cutting through the downpour. "You should have pushed me away! You should have- You just... you just went along with it."

"I couldn't do that. I couldn't just push you away." Harriet's voice cracked, eyes shimmering with unshed tears as she looked down at the ground. "I-"

"Why?" Davina demanded, her fists clenched at her sides. Why was she so angry? This was her fault and yet, she's taking it out on Harriet. But why did she continue it? She shouldn't have! She shouldn't. "Why did you let me kiss you?"

"I.. I love you, Davina." Harriet's voice was hoarse, her body trembling from the downpour of the rain and the overwhelming feeling she's experiencing.

What? Davina's eyes widened, her body becoming incredibly still as she tried to make out the words that came out of Harriet's mouth. "No.. No, that's a lie. Don't lie to me!"