James's Stand! The Adaptable Avenger vs The Adaptoid!

Start from the beginning

The Adaptoid narrowly missed James, but caught his shield that he threw. But not the energy shield that knocked his Mjolnir fist into its own head. "C'mon kid just give it up. Your team doesn't listen to you, and you're no Captain America. You're just a wannabe pretender trying to play hero with the big boys." He mocked openly while throwing the shield back at him.

When James caught it, he dropped some small explosives down upon it, surprisingly damaging it just a little more. "You techheads and power hungry people all think alike. All power, or tech, no enginuity. No instincts." He called out while remaining hidden. "In your case, it's both, but also no knowledge on the abilities you possess. It's your biggest downfall yet." He then added on while making sure there was distinct sounds all around them to confuse Justin and his Adaptoid. It seems to be working while he was busy searching for some things to help with his plan.

"Oh please. You sound just like your dad. He made some similar comments, but he, like you, didn't realize that the world was evolving in front of him. That the times have changed, and that tech is the future of the entire world. It's what's gonna completely replace everything your father once worked with. Because those old ways don't help." He stated to James, still so confident in his chances for victory.

Meanwhile, Deirdre was desperately searching for James, praying she'd be able to find even the slightest trace of him before the Adaptoid could find him first. She had to keep her promise to protect him at all cost. She couldn't afford to fail again after the fall of Asgard and it's people. "James! Where are you?!" She called out, hoping to find either him or Hammer. If she found him, she could be a potential distraction for James to escape. Though she wasn't exactly getting her hopes up that he'd wise up and run away.

Down in the battlefield as Deirdre saw the robot continue his search, a sudden explosion occured. But it wasn't like any of the explosions that had hit it before. No this was still familiar, but far different. It did send the Adaptoid back an inch though. After that, it'd be sent back by a repulsar blast to it's chest. Then an axe was thrown at the large machine, slightly damaging the arm. Immediately, James suddenly appeared, suddenly growing after being shrunk down by Pym particles and slammed into it with his shield. "Sorry Hammer, but you show that you've learned nothing!" He taunted while easily avoiding his enemy's attacks. The Adaptoid was fast, but James was showing he was faster.

Justin, throughout his efforts, was becoming more frustrated that he couldn't even lay a finger on the boy. He couldn't even blast him without the blasts being dodged, blocked or reflected back at him. He couldn't even defend himself from the attacks, not being able to anticipate what the next move was. "Why. Can't. I. HIT. YOU?!" He finally asked, becoming more and more infuriated by the second.

James soon countered with an arrow to the robot's face before slamming the axe down on its foot. "Simple. You're machine can copy all our abilities. Meaning the abilities of the people that I spar with and fight alongside every day. Which means-"

"He knows how to handle it.....because of his experiences with us ..." Deirdre said quietly, but more amazed. She couldn't believe he had everyone figured out so quickly. But how would James know how to use this knowledge? One thing was for certain. She was definitely about to find out soon enough.

James moved to the left side of the mech before bashing it to the face. He then hit it square in the chin, causing it to stumble back slightly. "For example, Torunn always leaves herself open on her left side after each attack." The boy explained while smashing his shield into the machine. "Pym takes time to prepare his next attack against a foe, and Hawkeye always fires with his right arm, holding his arrow for about five seconds or more depending on his exact target!" James threw his energy shield, combining it with a repulsar blast to give the shield some extra impact.

The boy's plan worked in his favor, as the Adaptoid was hit in the arm, stumbling even more than before. Unbeknownst to Justin, the robot's limbs were now considerably weaker. Most likely from how often it was hit by either the other Avengers or his own explosives causing it to take damage. Either way, it was getting weaker with time, and their foe wasn't even aware of it. "Okay so like your dad, you know your own teammates. Big whoop. But you're so confident in your own skills that you think you're so perfect and no one could possibly defeat you!" He shouted while suddenly creating a shield in his arm to throw at James.

"Sorry Hammer. But it's probably a good thing you're not a gambling man, because you would've definitely lost that bet. See when I throw my shield, ninety percent of the time I throw it with my right arm." He started off while knocking the copy shield away. "So that I can be prepared for another one to defend with!" He continued as he threw the energy shield and knocked down the Adaptoid, it's left leg immediately falling off in the process. The machine tried its best to stand, but James immediately took both the copy shield and an arrow, taking out both of its arms in the process. After that, he blasted the Adaptoid with a repulsar blast, sending it flying. "Everyone, THAT WAS THE SIGNAL!"

Deirdre soon comes in, turning into a bull and ramming into the mech with her horns. "Sorry Hammer, you just got nailed!" She attempted to quip, throwing the mech out of the base. After it was out, Hulk caught it and crushed the remains with his imemse strength.

The others all cheer for James, amazed by what he had done today. But the ones that was the most impressed were Deirdre and Steve. Steve was seeing just how brave and adaptable his son was, while Deirdre realized just how much she had underestimated him. She would have to talk to him about it a little later. For now, this was a time for celebration.

(Editor's note: trying to post content at least somewhat consistently. Need to work on the other books for Earth 747. Hope you're enjoying so far! :3)