"You.." She sighed as he placed a kiss on her neck, "wasted so much salt."

She started cleaning the mess, but the trail of kisses he was leaving all the way from her neck to her ear was not helping.

"Zafar," She sighed. She could feel his hardness poke her from behind, and she had to bite her lips to stop herself from making sounds.

He hummed in her ear and then with a final tug, he moved his face from her neck. Turning her head around, he took her lips in a rough kiss.

She smiled before he assaulted her petal lips some more.

"We.." She tried to speak between the kisses, "are in the..mmm..kitch..kitchen."

"Does it look like I care?" He asked.

She untangled his arms from her, which was difficult given how strong he was. "Almaas aunty might see us."

He groaned before stepping back. As much as he didn't care about who saw them, he also didn't want his mother to walk in on them.

"The food is almost done." She said, "Why don't you go and freshen up?"

He turned his heels. At the kitchen threshold, he bumped into Almaas.

"Salam, Maa saheb." He greeted her.

Almaas looked surprised seeing her son coming out of the kitchen. But she didn't voice it. She just replied back to his salam before he walked away. Inside, her daughter-in-law was finishing with the food. But her flushed face gave Almaas a fair idea of what might have happened. And she smiled, glad about the fact that they both had accepted each other.

The dinner was pleasant. Almaas and Ziya praised Madiha for the delicious food. Zafar also said, "It is good.". And coming from him, it was a big deal.

"Bhai, you need dessert?" Ziya asked, filling a bowl with kheer.

He shook his head in a no. "I am done. Now, if you all would excuse me." He picked up the linen napkin from his lap, wiped his mouth with it, placed it on the table and stood up. Before walking away, he looked at Madiha.

She moved her gaze from him shyly and focussed on her bowl of dessert. When everyone was done eating, Madiha started to clean the table.

"Madiha, leave it." Almaas said, "the maids will do it."

"No, I can help.."

"No, chanda. You must be tired after cooking. Go, take some rest."

Madiha came back to her bedroom and didn't find Zafar inside. But the faucet running inside the bathroom told her he must be in there. Opting to change her attire, she entered the walk-in closet. Earlier that day, Madiha had unpacked all her belongings with the assistance of Ziya, resulting in her clothes now adorning the opposite side of the closet, presenting a vibrant contrast against the dark hue of Zafar's belongings.

She picked a lace, silky material nightgown. It was a little sultry, but she had always loved silk nighties and had wanted to wear them. When she came back to the room, Zafar was sitting on the bed. His dark eyes followed her like a hawk, watching her pick up the bottle of lotion and massaging it on her smooth legs; the same legs that were hoisted up on his shoulders yesterday while he pounded in her mercilessly.

She applied some lip tint, put her hair in a loose ponytail and walked to the bed. As soon as she relaxed herself against the headboard, Zafar moved to sit right in front of her.

She looked at him confused.

"The food was delicious." He said, twirling a strand of her hair that had fallen out of the ponytail, onto her face. "But I didn't eat dessert."