EIGHT

Madiha woke up the next morning only to find herself cooped up in Zafar's arms

Madiha woke up the next morning only to find herself cooped up in Zafar's arms. He had his right hand wounded tightly around her frame, and his face was in the crook of her neck. She blushed as she felt his hot breath on her skin.

She had to pee, so she slowly picked up his arm and placed it on his body. That was quite difficult to do, given his tight grip. Then she slowly rolled over to reach the edge of the bed. As soon as the comforter slipped from her body, she realized she was naked. Which made her blush again. She found her husband's discarded kurta on the floor which she picked up and wore.

"Where do you think you're going?" Zafar's husky voice asked from behind.

She turned her head shyly. "I have to use the washroom."

"Wait, I'll take you." He rolled out from the other side and started putting on his pajamas.

"No, I can manage." She stood up, but immediately fell back down on the bed with a hiss. The aftermath of last night.

He smirked. "That's why." He was standing in front of her now. The sight of her fragile body in his kurta made his eyes darken. The kurta was obviously so much bigger than her frame, so the neck of it was hanging low from one shoulder, showing all those beautiful scars he'd given her.

"It's okay. It's just a slight pain." She tried standing up again.

"Madiha," He groaned, "if the pain is slight, then I didn't fuck you the right way."

She stared at him dumbfounded, while he effortlessly swept her off her feet. He carried her to the bathroom. "Do you wanna use the loo or brush your teeth?"

"Loo." She said.

He dropped her on the toilet seat.

"I am just going to be outside. Call me once you're done." He left her to do her business. After she was done peeing, instead of calling him, she wobbled her way to the counter. She hadn't unpacked her luggage, so she rummaged through the cabinets to find a fresh tooth-brush. Finding one, she started brushing her teeth.

After a couple of minutes, she heard a knock before Zafar peeked inside. "I asked you to call me."

She rinsed her mouth and looked at him through the mirror. "I didn't want to trouble you."

"It isn't troubling. I brought you that pain, so I am going to cure it away." He said as he started filling the bathtub.

When the bathtub got filled, he added bath bombs and essential oil into it. She watched as he came closer to her and wordlessly started taking off the kurta. He let it slip on the floor and raked his eye all over her body. His gaze made her feel giddy.

"I am sorry." He whispered, grazing his fingers on her neck and waist, which had turned purple-ish because of his roughness last night.

She shook her head. "You don't have to apologize. I.." She shyly bit her lips. "I liked it."

He smirked, bringing his fingers up to her lips and pulling them from between her teeth. "I believe your reaction last night went beyond simply liking it, judging by the sounds you were making."

She turned crimson, and he couldn't help but lean it to give her a kiss.

He took her to the bathtub and submerged her inside the lukewarm water. Her muscles instantly relaxed. He then took off his pajamas and got in the tub from behind her. She was shy, but she still let him press her body against his chest. They relaxed there for several minutes, with him occasionally kissing her neck and shoulder.

In the shower, his self-control almost ran out as he envisioned himself pinning her against the glass wall and thrusting in her raw. But he didn't act on it because he knew last night was her first time and she still hadn't recovered from it.

Madiha sat in front of the dresser in a bathrobe, moisturizing her skin and putting on some light makeup, while Zafar got dressed in the walk-in-closet. She had to use some extra color corrector and concealer to hide the marks on her neck.

When she watched him come out buttoning his black suit, she said to him, "We need to keep this jewelry in the locker."

He nodded. "Bring them."

She picked up all of them and followed him inside the closet. Her eight suitcases were kept in one corner. From one of those bags, she opened one which was only filled with jewelry boxes. She took out three empty ones from there and put the gold inside them.

Zafar had the safe open for her. She put everything inside, all the pieces of gold and diamond given by her own family and Almaas. He closed the safe. "Now put any safecode of your choice."

"Why me?" She asked, "You do it."

"Madiha," He sighed, "it is your jewelry and only you have the right over this safe. Not anyone else. Not even me."

She reluctantly put a four-digit pin that she knew she'd remember.

Then she finished getting dressed. For the first day in her sasural, she picked a blood red outfit with heavy work on the kurta. She paired it with jhumkas and bangles. She was a newly wedded bride, and she wanted to look like one.

She had put red lipstick on her lips, which was instantly ruined by her husband. He kissed her so passionately that the red color smeared all over their mouths. She fake glared at him, before wiping off his lips and going back to retouch the lipstick.

He wanted to kiss her again. In fact he wanted to take her back to bed the moment he saw her in that red dress. All dolled up, showing off the fact that she was married. Married to him. Fuck! How did he get so lucky?

They descended the stairs side by side. Ziya, who was chilling in the living room, whistled at them. "Finally! I thought you both won't come out of the room today."

Madiha blushed again, and it amused Zafar how easy it was to make her shy. But he did not show it on his face.

"Ziya," Almaas' warning voice echoed in the room, "don't trouble your bhabhi."

"MashaAllah, how beautiful you both look together." Almaas bought out a bundle of notes and circled it over the couple to ward off any evil eye before giving the money to a maid. "May Allah bless you with a peaceful married life."

"I will get breakfast served for you two." Almaas said.

"But Maa sahib, it is almost lunch time now." Ziya added teasingly.

Almaas side-eyed her notorious daughter before gesturing to the couple to proceed towards the dining table.

Zafar first pulled out a chair for Madiha first before taking a seat himself. Two maids came with trays of food. Seeing so many options, Madiha got confused about what to eat. So she took a little of everything.

After breakfast, Zafar said that he was leaving for work.

"But you've just gotten married." Almaas tried to reason.

"Maa sahib, you know this wasn't planned." He said, "I have some very important meetings lined up which can't be avoided."

Almaas helplessly looked at Madiha. To which Madiha replied, "Aunty, let him go."

"Fine. But you've to promise to wrap up all this work soon and then take my daughter-in-law for a honeymoon."

And Madiha turned red again. Zafar nodded to his mother's request.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Why do we don’t get summer and winter breaks anymore? Adulting sucks.