1.5 | 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹 𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

.𖥔 ݁ ˖꩜ 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ꩜ ˖𖥔 .

🎼ılılıll |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| llılılı🎼
ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : 【 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬 6 】

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑  the Halloween party was naturally very awkward

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 the Halloween party was naturally very awkward. However, beyond the expected hangovers and half-assed-ness of the whole day, tensions were high between Steve and Nancy. Molly had her first two periods with Steve and desperately encouraged and eventually pestered him to talk to Nancy.

"You didn't even pick her up this morning! For god sake, what has got you so frightened of this woman?", she exclaimed, exasperated at his constant grumblings of excuses.

"Because I don't want her to dump me, okay?!", he shouted back before sighing, "Nancy's... just the best girlfriend I've ever had. I'm not ready to... not be with her anymore. I really do love her and I wanna make it work."

Molly sighed, knowing as well as Steve that the relationship was as good as over, before telling him, "Look. I don't want to lie, Steve. I don't see how this works out, but the longer you avoid each other, the more the relationship dies. So if you really believe in working things out instead of just hiding away, clinging to this idea that you still have each other, you will talk to her."

He sighed and thought for a moment, "After gym?"

Molly rolled her eyes and huffed, "Okay, fine but not a minute later."

"Oh yeah, and good luck with this," he told her, finally remembered he had a life outside him and his (soon to be ex) girlfriend.

"Thanks. We'll see if I need it."

˖𖥔 .

In the school gym, a plethora of the senior boys were getting warmed up for basketball. Steve and his team were getting completely pummelled by Billy, who was getting nothing but blind support from his flock of fans.

Meanwhile, Molly got changed and headed to the gym. She was in a tank top and short shorts, both of which came from lost and found (specifically that time she slept there after running away from the Soviets but nobody needed to know that).

The moment she walked in, all their eyes were on her. She expected this. She was 'invading their sacred land', for the basketball court was 'no girls land', she'd probably get her pretty little hands hurt.

And if anyone was actually interested in technical matters beyond sexism, she turned to the coach and said, "You recall our agreement?"

He cleared his throat and nodded before announcing, "Boys, we've got a new student joining our class. Molly Gordin," calling them to gather around.

Molly had been fighting to get into any of the sport classes since she arrived at Hawkins. Finally, after a very long and persuasive discussion with the coach of the basketball team, he conceded and let her join the team, making her the first female player in the school's history.