1.3 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗼

.𖥔 ݁ ˖꩜ 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ꩜ ˖𖥔 .

🎼ılılıll |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| llılılı🎼
ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : 【 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵. 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬 3 】

𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃  the party drew nearer and nearer, Molly set her mind on nagging Steve to get her a costume

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 the party drew nearer and nearer, Molly set her mind on nagging Steve to get her a costume. He finally caved and went to a local store that sold costumes. A few of the other kids, including Nancy, Steve (and Jonathan if he actually showed up) couldn't quite afford full costumes for a single party and simply made one from clothes they already had, however, since Molly had no clothes that weren't borrowed and was living with one of the wealthier families in town, she was able to splurge on whatever costume she wanted.

By no means did Molly plan to make a habit of dragging Steve wherever she wanted to buy whatever she wanted. Her family didn't live a particularly lavish lifestyle and she had gotten used to seeking out only the bare bare essentials (including the night before she came to Steve for help and decided to sleep in the lost property at school and eat out of the dumpster) so spending money on clothes, especially clothes for fun, was going to be a one-time treat for her.

As she strolled across the aisle, eyes tracing past each plastic bag containing cheaply made wigs, shirts and accessories, she was reminded once again of the strange brightly coloured paradise she was living in. She had this pride within her that she always had a disdain for such unnecessary flashy things, especially the Christmas decorations she was exposed to last December. She preferred to keep things picturesque yet simple, she preferred natural beauty which is why she enjoyed spending time in the Byers' house.

Yes, one could argue it was a bit dark and dreary inside with the dark wood walls and floors, little to no wallpaper around the house, lights only coming on at night, and the mysterious forest surrounding the house, but if she was being honest, the house reminded Molly of her own old house near the outskirts of Leningrad. They didn't need a huge towering palace or extravagant fancy lights and decor around the house. They had each other to keep things light and warm.

She knew the flashiness of American life was part of some foolish capitalist tradition that only served to distract from more important societal issues... but she'd be lying if she said the general bright and cheery nature of her surroundings didn't lift her spirits a bit. Yes, she did prefer to see herself in an environment with muted colours and an air of mystery, but whenever the sun rolled out, illuminating all the bright fabricated colours of the little town, she couldn't help but feel like a normal pretty American girl with a normal pretty life full of normal pretty people who loved her.

Such feelings were invoked when her eyes landed on a Morticia Addams costume (well, it was labelled 'Spooky Vampire Wife' but who were they fooling?). She went back to where Steve was waiting to tell him she made her choice.