prologue pt.2

Me and my sister, Fiona, quickly hastened over to the Bridgerton estate the very next morning, the day we would be leaving. Our parents following behind us.

Fi had always been close to Benedict's brother, Anthony, finding common interests after being stuck watching the two of us  so very often.

I had spent the first twelve years of my life with Benny, spending every day together, the two of us inseparable, but now, my parents had come up with the horrible, horrible idea to travel across Europe, visiting France and Spain, but not just for a few months, for YEARS. ACTUAL YEARS.

Me and my sister had both been quite adamant about staying, but they would not listen.

As we hugged our beloved best friends goodbye, tears shed. And quite a few of them as well, I could not even look Lord and Lady Bridgerton, who had been clear that we must call them Edmund and Violet,  in the eye without shedding them. It was painful, to say the least.

"Lis?"
Benedict whispered.

"Promise me that.. one day, however soon that may be, you will find your way back to me..?"

I did not have the heart, nor gut, to answer that question, so I simply nodded my head slightly.

After having been dragged into our carriage by our parents, we started our long journey towards France, the first country on our list.