𝟗-𝟓 ⁵

𝐒𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐣 "𝐦𝐚𝐣" 𝐎𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐳                        📍𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨, 𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐬                                                      𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

𝐒𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐣 "𝐦𝐚𝐣" 𝐎𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐳
                        📍𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨, 𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐬
                                                      𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠..
ᵒⁿᵉ ˡᵒᵒᵏ, ᶠʳᵃⁿᵏ ᵒᶜᵉᵃⁿ

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑

About a week had passed since Samaj and Imani began their project together, and the tense air between them slowly started to diminish. To ensure all was fair, they created a schedule determining who would take the baby on what day. They agreed Imani would have him Tuesday-Thursday and Samaj would care for him Friday-Monday. Fortunately for Mani, Samaj really seemed to be getting the hang of taking care of the baby.

The messy haired boy stirred awake from the all too familiar sound of Manman's robotic cry. Groaning, he did a quick stretch and grabbed his phone from the charger to check the time. Luckily for him it wasn't noon yet so he still had time to rot in bed. After some time of scrolling through his phone, he decided he should get up and care for the crying robot. Once the tired boy quieted the baby, he headed to the bathroom to take care of his own needs and get ready for the day.

After getting himself together, he checked the time and realized it was an hour past noon. Samaj rubbed his eyes and plopped in his gaming chair so he could hop on his PS5 to play 2k with Ty and Jr. "Ty your team is ass bro." Samaj laughed out as Jr cackled in the mic after beating Ty 9-4. "Shut the fuck up Maj you know Ion even play this game like that." Ty snapped back defensively. As soon as the words left his mouth Samaj watched Jr's player score the game winning shot at the last second. Through his headset he could hear Ty cursing them out and Jr's Windex bottle laugh.

"One more round guys" Jr said with a chuckle to which they all agreed. Just before they all got ready for the match, Samaj felt his phone violently vibrating in his pocket and kissed his teeth already knowing who it was. He scrolled through the almost never ending list of messages majority from Nadia, which was no surprise. The more distanced he got from her the clingier she became which annoyed him to no end, but more importantly there was a few texts from his basketball coach.

Squinting down at his phone he skimmed over  the message and immediately groaned in protest. Hearing the sound of distress Jr perked up "you good bro?" Samaj sighed. "I just saw a message from Coach he's saying we have a mandatory practice at 5." Both of the guys on Samaj's phone let out noises of disapproval just as Man did. Shaking his head the tanned boy logged off the game and got up from the chair. Still on call, Samaj suggested they go together to practice in Jr's car.

Samaj and his two friends strolled into the gym to see their coach with an angered expression in his face. As the boys came into the older man's line of sight his instantly started to lecture their ears off. "You boys are ten minutes late where the hell have you been?" As the boys raked their mind for a good enough response the catchy tune of Samaj's Apple before they could. He smiled awkwardly and quickly fumbled his phone to silence it, not before taking note of who the caller was. Samaj rolled his eyes after observing the called was Nadia, and silently prayed for someone else to walk into the girls life so he could finally be at peace.

Coach glared at the three boys, still awaiting their response. "My bad coach" Samaj spoke first for being late and for his phone interrupting the lecture. The tanned boy then zoned out as his two friends tried to plead their case to Coach. Shaking out of his thoughts once Ty tapped him, him and Ty jogged over to Jr and the three of them made their way over to the rest of the team.

Overall practice wasn't even that bad. Coach lectured the team a bit about some prank the freshmen pulled, and then made them do some shooting drills and a scrimmage. In the locker room Samaj sat down on a bench joining in on Ty and Jr's petty argument. Abruptly feeling his stomach growl he realized they had been in there for a minute and should leave. "Y'all I'm hungry as shit let's go get something to eat."

The trio walked out made their way to the nearest Chipotle. During the car ride Samaj was on aux, because he had the best music taste in his opinion. No offense to Jr, but nobody wanted to hear Rod Wave the entire ride. It took about 15 minutes to get to Chipotle and by the time they stepped in the door Samaj felt like his stomach was caving in from hunger.

After ordering their usuals, Ty with his bowl, Jr and his quesadilla, and Samaj with his burrito. The trio chose a nice spot at a table and started chowing down like it was the first meal they ate in months. The three of them laughed and goofed around talking about basketball and gossiping like teenage girls about random school drama. Leaving down to take another bit of his burrito, Samaj saw a familiar figure walk by out of his peripheral. The tanned boy turned his head mid bite to get a better view.

Over by the soda fountain, stood Imani chatting it up with a tall darkskin guy with dreads. As he watched them converse he couldn't but notice how happily she looked at him. Even though Samaj didn't want to admit it, seeing her out publicly with another man stirred a weird feeling in his chest that he couldn't quite understand. Shaking off his thoughts, he focused his attention back on his two chaotic best friends and engaged back into the conversation. Ty, noticing Samaj's slight shift in demeanor, sent him a questioning look. "Yo Maj whatchu got your face all balled up for?"

Samaj takes another glance at Imani before replying. "It's nothing." He dismissed, so Ty shrugged and went back to his food not giving the situation another thought. Although Maj isn't the most emotionally intelligent, he couldn't help but notice how subconsciously he still cared for Imani, whilst he couldn't bring himself to care enough about Nadia.

After the three boys finished up eating they threw away their trash and headed out. Maj leaving the building with a full stomach and some things to think about regarding his "relationship" with Nadia.

-
Hey lol.. mb for not updating I get lazy. I'm not even gonna lie and say we gon start updating every week cause... but ill try my best to update whenever I remember

And thank u guys sm for 400+ viewssss we appreciate all of uuuuuu <33

Thats all thanks sm for reading pls vote and comment xxx

- Storyfiles