¹³ ᶠʳᵃᵐᵉᵈ

▌│█║▌║ ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏғ sᴜsᴘᴇᴄᴛs ║  ▌║█│  ▌

.
.
.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" asked Mrs Park, as she leaned over Mr Park's shoulder, her eyes looking at the computer screen with interest.

There was a lot of code intertwined, overlapping encryptions, her husband's fingers moved slowly. To avoid another mistake.

"Yeah, jagiya. It's a good idea. Safe." Her husband said, then corrected himself, humming softly. "At least she won't go into a coma, and her vital signs won't drop." he said, starting to create a new code.

"So we'll correct the mistake before the round is complete, right?" Mr Park heard the exultation in his wife's voice. A kiss on the cheek made him smile faintly.

"Yes. Theoretically, by the time I'm done, she won't remember the events of the previous rounds. Even in her dreams, her subconscious won't be able to warn her of what she already knows."  Mr Park said, his eyes drifting to the strawberry-haired girl.

"Sure, minor side effects may appear, but the main problem is solved."

.
.
.

Have you ever had the feeling that you know where you are, that you are in familiar surroundings, but when you wake up you are surprised, even frightened, because you don't remember how you got there?

That's what Na-Ri felt when she opened her eyes in the morning. The room she was lying in was familiar, but she didn't know how she got to where she was.

Why she was sleeping on the floor instead of the bed, why she was in her school uniform.

She couldn't remember anything.

Where she was, what she was doing where she was. Where her friends were, her classmates.

"Ji-Soo-ah?" she asked as she looked around the room. Her phone was on the floor, so she picked it up and looked out of the room. "Yoon-Seo-ah?" she tried Yoon-Seo's name when her best friend didn't answer.

"Se-Eun-ah? Where are you guys?" she asked louder, the hallway was empty, which scared her slightly.

Just where was everyone?

A warning siren sounded, causing Na-Ri to jerk her head up in fright.

𝙳𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝, 𝙻𝚎𝚎 𝙹𝚘𝚘-𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚏𝚒𝚊.

"Se-Eu-" called Se-Eun again, but the next moment she fell silent, bewildered. Sighing softly, she reached for her head, which began to throb with pain from nothing. It hurt so badly-

Na-Ri looked around in bewilderment. She remembered looking for someone, coming out of her room, looking for someone, but she couldn't think of anyone to look for.