⁸ ᵒⁿ ʰᶤˢ ˢᶤᵈᵉ

▌│█║▌║ ʜᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡs ║ ▌║█│ ▌

.
.
.

Na-Hee actually thanked God that she wasn't the blushing kind. Only the tip of her ears blushed, and no one usually looked for it there. Her heart was pounding, she was afraid that her heart was going to jump out of her, right into the arms of the boy who is kneeling in front of her.

Gentle hands gripped her ankles, gently wrapping the skin with a foxglove. Maybe Na-Hee talked herself into it, but sometimes she could feel Hyun-Ho's thumb gently brushing over the part of her sprained ankle he had already wrapped in a bandage.

It made Na-Hee unable to speak. She was afraid if she did, only an embarrassed squeak would escape her lips, not a full sentence.

"Have you always been good friends with So-Mi?" Hyun-Ho asked, keeping his voice low as if afraid to break the silence that hovered around them. As if it was important to him, too.

However, Na-Hee didn't understand the question. I mean, yes, of course she did. But she didn't know what to connect it to.

She wondered about the answer. Had she always been good friends with So-Mi?

No. Of course not. Sometimes they didn't get along, their opinions were too different. But Na-Hee was always in So-Mi's group, after all.

She looked at everything So-Mi did and saw everything. She was both loyal and coward.

She was loyal because she overlooked everything for So-Mi.

And she was a coward because she never intervened. Never. She just watched those who got on So-Mi's bad side and thought how good it was that it wasn't her.

Thinking about it, maybe she's not loyal. She's just a coward.

But at least she has morals, because she knows what So-Mi's doing is wrong. That when she's quiet and watching, it's wrong too.

But at least she never bullied anyone of her own free will.

Still, that didn't make Na-Hee a better person. She could have made better use of her knowledge and handled the situations she got into better.

But she couldn't do it alone. She should reach out for help, but...but....

"I know you're a civilian." she said, which made both her and Hyun-ho freeze. That's not what she meant to say!

Hyun-Ho finished wrapping her ankle, but remained on his knees. Na-Hee heard a low chuckle, then a low hoarse sound that made the swarm of butterflies in her stomach go wild.

"I know you're a police." he said, as if they hadn't just unrevealed each other. And Na-Hee's heart was pounding. Na-Hee thanked God again that she wasn't the blushing kind. "Let's stay alive and get out of this place." Hyun-Ho said, lifting his head to look at Na-hee.