FURRY COMFORT [DREAM]

Summary: You're having a bad day after you start to miss your old life, and Morpheus knows just what to do.

---

You didn't exactly know what had gotten into you again today. Anything in particular hadn't happened, but today had felt horrible from the moment you opened your eyes. Getting up felt like an unbearable thought, so you stayed in bed.

Maybe it was stress. When Death made you immortal, you hadn't thought it all the way through. You just saw Morpheus and your cotton candy dreams of being his wife to all of eternity. It kinda was a shock when your family and friends started dying from old age, sicknesses and accidents... and you were left alive and feeling helpless, being unable to do anything about it.

The last person who you had held dear while you were a mortal had passed a few decades ago, but sometimes the guilt got to you. You wondered how people who loved you reacted when Death told them you aren't in afterlife. Feeling regret about it at times, but not enough to ask to reunite with them. You loved Morpheus, you had gotten new people you loved and you couldn't have both sides of your life.

Morpheus heard you sobbing softly in your bed at your apartment, and he sighed quietly as he sat down beside you.

"What's wrong, my love?" He whispered, caressing your hair.

You turned around and buried your face into his chest, sobbing harder.

"I just... I miss my old life." You sobbed, rubbing your eyes with your hands.

"Tell me?" He asked gently, running his hands down your back.

"I... I miss my old friends. I miss my family." You sniffled, trying to hold back more the tears.

Morpheus's heart broke, hearing your pain.

"I know. But they're gone, my love." He sighed.

You nodded, letting out a few more sobs.

"I... I miss my home, I miss my workplace, I... I miss my cats." You sobbed, the tears coming in waves now.

"I'm sorry, love," He whispered, still caressing your hair. "I'm so sorry you had to lose all of that. But I promise you that I will take care of you for the rest of the universe. I promise."

You sniffled, snuggling into his chest. And after a while of laying there against him, you felt how he suddenly became soft and fluffy. You looked up and saw a giant cat looking back at you. You blinked at it and the creature let out a soft purr and nudged your forehead with its own, and you realised it was Morpheus.

"I didn't know you can turn into a giant cat." You managed to chuckle with a hiccup, petting his head.

"I can turn into anything you want." Morpheus said in your head. "Anything you can dream of."

You nodded before snuggling back into Morpheus's fur and he let you. He purred quietly as he laid there with you, which was most likely an involuntary thing. But it made you know he enjoyed being there and cuddling you just as much as you enjoyed it. It made you smile softly and feel much better, as you slowly drifted off in his arms - or paws - and saw the most pleasant dream of reuniting with all those people you missed.