OUR DAUGHTER [DREAM]

Summary: You discover you're pregnant with Dream's baby, and that ignites a journey of love with your daughter.

Living in The Dreaming and having all these magical beings and creatures around you also meant that some sensed things that weren't there. Today, when you had just woken up and taken a stroll around, one of said creatures had stared at you for a moment and you had smiled at her.

"Good morning, Nerjan," you had greeted the young fairy-like servant with a smile on your lips, but frowned when she kept looking at your belly. "Is something wrong?" You asked as she fluttered towards you.

"My lady, are you aware there is a life growing inside your body? Your blood has started to flow differently than before," She informed you quietly, tilting her head curiously.

You blinked at her. "What do you mean?" You asked and her eyes glowed as she replied.

"It seems you are with child, my lady."

You froze for a few seconds before laughing nervously. "That can't be right. I... Morpheus is an Endless, Endless can't impregnate humans."

"I have never heard they cannot mate or reproduce, my lady. You've been surely misinformed about their nature." She replied simply. "You should tell about the news to Lord Morpheus. I saw him at the library."

You frowned as Nerjan took off, leaving you standing alone in the hallway. You blinked, looking down at your belly and then dread flooded you - what would Morpheus think?

Nevertheless, you took a route to the library and well enough, he was there in middle of books, researching something. He looked up to you the moment you appeared from around the shelves and smiled. "Good morning, my love. Did you sleep well?"

You smiled a little too. "When I'm in your arms, I always sleep well. Otherwise I'd be worried about your abilities."

"Of course," he grinned. "I'd be worried too."

You swallowed, fiddling with your thumbs as Morpheus read a book, tracing some old runes with his index finger.

"I have something to tell you..." You said slowly, unsure how this conversation would go.

He turned back to you and arched an eyebrow, intrigued by whatever you were going to say next. "What is it? Has something happened?" He asked cautiously.

You had to spit it out, not ramble.

"I'm with child," you blurted out. Morpheus instantly stilled, and for a moment, the room went deathly silent.

"With child?" he repeated. "My child?" He sounded cautious—as if perhaps there had been some mistake.

You swallowed thickly, nodding. "I have never been with anyone else than you like that." You could feel your cheeks heating up. "I know we have only made love one time during our wedding night, and I didn't think anything would come from it. But..." Your voice faded off as another wave of embarrassment swept through you.

He ran a fingertip over your lips then took both of your hands into his own, holding them into his chest. His expression softened slightly at the corners of his mouth, showing just how happy he was for you. You blinked at him, you were partly expecting him to not be happy about it. He always said he's busy, he's got work - somehow you didn't picture him having a child in middle of it. You didn't even know an Endless like him even could impregnate someone who was once mortal, even if he had made you his Queen after you died and now you would also live forever.

"I am glad," he finally murmured before leaning forward and pressing his soft lips against yours tenderly and pressed a palm on your abdomen. "This baby will be cherished in our Kingdom."