Cold

(Y/N)

I wake up with my clothes wet. Someone taps my shoulder. "Hi, uhm I'm your neighbor. I was wondering if everything was fine. I just saw you lying here all drenched." "Oh, yes. I'm sorry. I just didn't have keys to open the door. Don't worry." I sit up and fix my hair as much as possible. "Would you like to come over? I could lend you a towel." "It's alright, I wouldn't want to bother." "You wouldn't be a bother. You can wait there while your mom gets back." "Are you sure?" "Yes, I'm sure." "Alright, thank you." She helps me up and leads me to her house. She unlocks the door and walks in.

I follow behind her and stand on a mat at the door. "Let me get you a towel." I nod and she goes into some room a bit further to the left. She comes back with a towel and hands it to me. "Thank you." I check the clock. 10:17. "Holy- I'm so late!" "I don't think you should be going to school. Your face was really warm, I think you may have a fever." My vision blurs then goes back to normal. "I think I'll manage, I can't miss class." "At least dry y...se...f..." Holy shit my body isn't bodying.

.
.
.

I open my eyes slowly and look at an unknown roof. "Hi, I think you passed out." No shit, Sherlock. "Did I?" "Did you eat anything yesterday?" ...did I? "I don't know." "Do you want something to eat?" "No, it's alright. You've already helped me a lot." My stomach grumbles and my cheeks flush red. "Do you like pancakes?" "Yeah." "I'll be back in a second." I nod and my neighbor leaves. She comes back after a bit with a plate on her hands with some pancakes. "Thank you." "It's no problem."

.
.
.

I gasp while kneeling on the floor in front of the toilet. I feel a burning sensation in my throat and tears in my eyes from the effort. I stand up, my legs shaking as I do so. I rub my eyes and walk out of the restroom after flushing the toilet. I go out of the room and find my neighbor, whose name I learnt was Linda, in the kitchen. "I will get going now. Thank you for receiving me." She nods and I walk to my house. I look at my backpack and pick it up. I put it on on the front instead of the back and look at the wall that leads to the backyard. There's a small corridor in which the two walls are close enough to climb, so I try to do that. Which is harder than it would be if I didn't have the backpack, but I manage.

I look at the open window leading to the laundry room. The window was pretty hard to close so we usually left it open. I slide the mosquito net and go inside through the window. I go shower and get changed. I lock the door and hide inside the closet. I fall asleep there, curled up in the darkness.

I wake up to loud banging on the door. My eyes widen and I think of what to do. I get out of the closet and look around. I look out the window, because I'd rather die than face my mom. I open the window then quietly go back into the closet. I heard the doorknob clank and clank as it does when you turn and it's locked. Then it stops, and I hear something slam against the door and the doorknob then I hear a clank but more of like when a fork falls. I hold my breath and try not to make any sound as the door creaks. "This little bitch, he actually jumped out the window. You won't get that far, fatty!" I frown and wait for her to leave. I grab a backpack and quietly throw my uniform inside.

I get out quietly and throw my backpack out of the house and jump to the wall. I look down and it a jumping distance so I won't break anything unless I fall in a very particular way. I jump down and land correctly. I pick up my backpack and walk to school. School is somewhat close, but not that much. Luckily it's in the hotel zone, so I can get a place to sleep. Sadly the reason why it's near the hotel zone is because schools specially high schools and colleges are full of hormonal teens. I walk to school and leave my bags in my locker. I walk out and to the closest hotel.

"Can I get a room?" "Yes, what sort of room do you want?" "A one bed one is fine." "Alright." "Here's the key, check out is at nine. Will you be paying with card or cash?" "Card."

I work overnight, I get out at three in the morning then I come back and sleep until five. My shift starts at eleven so I've got around three hours to sleep before it does. After paying I go to my room. I throw myself to bed and immediately fall asleep. 

(Unknown)

It's 2:45 in the afternoon and I get to detention early, I hope I'll see him. He seemed nice. I wait for him sitting in the same spot as yesterday. Fifteen minutes go by and all the usual people are here, but he isn't. The teacher comes in and sits on his desk. We both begin doing our homework as we do every other day, but he still isn't here. If he gets here this late he's fucked.

Two hours go by and we're finally let go, but he never came. My mom texts me.

Ma
I'm here, hun

Coming

I go outside and into my car. "How was your day? Did you see the guy from yesterday?" "No. My day was good outside of that." "Your cheek is bruised, did something happen?" I look at her and open my mouth to speak, but the door opens. "Good afternoon, ma'am." "No need to be so formal, Neuvi." I turn to look at Neuvillette, his hair is messy, unlike how he usually fixes it. His eyes are red and he's got some dirt on his cheek. "How was your day?" "It was good, ma'am." "That's great, have you two eaten?" "Not yet." "Great, I'm taking you guys out to eat today." I cheer and Neuvillette smiles.

.
.
.

It's eleven and a half, I'm scrolling through my phone even though I should be sleeping. My door slams open which makes me jump. "I'm craving a sparkling water with a lemon twist." "Mom, it's the middle of the night." "And you're awake." "Do I get one, too?" "Yes, let's go now." I put on some slippers and walk out with my mom. We get into the car and drive to a convenience store nearby. We go inside and she goes get the drinks while I go get some instant noodles. We meet back at the door and go to pay our successfully chosen food.

We place the food on the counter and I look at the cashier. Then my face blows up into every shade of pink and red in the world. I try to take a deep breath to calm down. "Hi." I choke. "Are you alright?" I cough and look at the cashier's panicked face. My mom pats my back and chuckles. Once I stop choking on whatever it is I choked on I clear my throat. "Hi." He giggles. "Good afternoon, is this all?" "Yes, thank you." Mom takes out her card and pays. I look at the cashier's name tag. (Y/N)... then my mind fills with the name; (Y/N) (Y/N) (Y/N). My mom grabs my arm and pulls me away. He waves with a smile.

"You're gonna crash." My face hits the glass. "Told you." My mom rolls her eyes and he stifles a laugh. I raise my hand to wave, but can't seem to actually wave. He giggles and waves as I go into my car.

"So..." "Please no." "Who was that?" My mom asks teasingly. "Just a guy... from school... who I met... at detention." "Yesterday?" I nod embarrassed. "Wow... I should've taken a picture to show your dad." "Please don't, I'm so EMBARRASSED! I'm socially dead." "It was just one guy." "I crashed against glass." "It was pretty funny."