Chapter 4: The hanging tree

Find the full-art, coloured and shaded at the end of this chapter 🖤🐭

Pls do not use, trace or copy my art. Credits are given as well. Rogue Cheney/Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima - Tsu (OC) and art by me: R0tt3n_Rabbit // SpacePirateNemo. Follow my instagram for more pls: 

https://www.instagram.com/r0tt3n_rabbit__/

+++

With his hands buried in the pockets of his coat, the shadow dragon gazed down upon the girl beside him who halted her tracks, standing there with shock etched all over her face. He couldn't see precisely what she could see, but judging by her expression, it must have been utterly agonising. His keen nose picked up the shift in her scent, able to detect the distress and horror that this sight had inflicted upon her. Witnessing Tsu, someone accustomed to living in an equally haunted castle, someone who had endured a lifetime of solitude in darkness, in such a state was not only unsettling but deeply distressing.

"If we're fortunate, the necromancer you spoke of will reveal themselves quickly, and we can swiftly conclude this. Returning early would undoubtedly leave a positive impression on Jiemma," he spoke quietly, hoping to draw her out of her current state through conversation. His words, however, seemed to fall on deaf ears as Tsu continued to stand there, fixated on the graveyard's premises, her breath reduced to a mere wisp.

"Hey? Are you okay?" He asked, circling around to stand before Tsu, attempting to look directly into her eyes, hoping it might help her snap out of it. 

"This is... harrowing. M-My heart... Why would someone do something like this... Tsu can't... believe it... This is a nightmare," the girl spoke quietly while her hands moved to her ears, desperately trying to drown out the voices resonating inside her head. In this moment, whatever she saw sent such a shock through her that she was paralyzed, rendered unable to use her ghostly magic to shield herself from the cries of those tormented souls yearning for help. Simultaneously, she could hear the calls of those souls that were corrupted, having lost whatever humanity they once had, now transformed into the most malevolent spectres, driven by a singular purpose: to inflict more and more suffering.