1. the pink strand in her hair

"Ryujin? We're goi-"

"Come on, darling Yuna, we don't want to be late! You wouldn't want to wreck your perfect attendance score, right?"

"Of course not! But-"

"Well let's hurry along then, it's not like Ryujin has anything left to wreck."

"O-okay..."

The not-so-peaceful sound of a door slamming shut.

Hooray. The morning had come. 

Shin Ryujin rolled over with a groan, the corners of her mouth flickering up. It was ironic, that her mother cared so much about making Ryujin seem like the villain. If Ryujin was the villain, who was the hero, huh? Not Shin Ari, that's for sure.

"Come on, it surely isn't seven yet."

She muttered, but there was no reply, which was unsurprising considering the two other residents had just left the house.

"Okay, maybe it's seven."

Opening her eyes, Ryujin sighed.

Baggy, oversized clothing in various faded shades were hung up neatly in her open wardrobe, dangling over a selection of platform shoes to hide Ryujin's underwhelming height. Schoolbooks were perched on the very edge of her small desk, leaving space for a large history textbook that was halfway open from when Ryujin had been studying just a few hours ago before she got too tired and decided to go to sleep. In front of the book was a small grey analog alarm clock that showed that it was, indeed, seven.

"Already?"

Reluctant, Ryujin stood up from her bed, grimacing as the light that streamed through her curtains came into eye level. Stumbling forwards, she tripped over her water bottle.

"This world doesn't have any mercy for a poor, sad girl like me, huh?"

Again, no reply. Ryujin huffed and found her way to her feet again. She made her way over to her schoolbag and chucked her books in, as well as a couple coins for lunch and her empty water bottle. 

She had just changed into a simple boxy white shirt and grey sweatpants when she heard a familiar buzz coming from underneath her pillow.

"Hello?"

Ryujin picked up the call immediately, not even checking to see who it was. As long as it wasn't her mother, she would be fine, right?

"Oh my gosh, Ryu, you finally picked up!"

Ryujin breathed a sigh of relief at the familiar voice of Lee Chaeryeong.

"Oh, hi, Chaeryeong, what's up?"

"You sound tired... Anyways, I'm standing outside your house and am completely willing to break in and find whatever room is yours, so hurry up."

Ryujin was lucky that Chaeryeong was calling with no camera, because the panic on her face was murderously obvious. Her room wasn't messy at all, but the thought of her friend busting in wasn't exactly pleasant, especially because she knew that Chaeryeong would keep her word.