ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9

Start from the beginning

"AH- He saw us!!" Nami tried darting out the way, only for the hand to follow her.

Meanwhile, Zoro stood his ground, defending himself with his sword at the approaching hand with an uneasy expression. "So you're playing some annoying tricks now huh.?"

"Hey! Your opponent is me!" Luffy shouted, trying to get his attention. "Why are you targeting them?"

"Hm? I certainly don't remember a rule saying that you can't? Gyaahaha!" Buggy just laughed him off.

"Damn you-" Luffy lashed out at him, fuelled with anger, and successfully knocked him off his feet and yet again into another building. The fight seemed to have a sudden turn in intensity as Luffy pinned him down before throwing a barrage of punches into his face.

The hand was persistent in its chase of Nami, she tried various ways of countering or outrunning it, but it was no use. She had never encountered a knife which moved around at will, it was quiet a shock. She did however, eventually get it stuck in a wall using her bo staff. She was not going to let her well earned treasure stolen away today. Her thought was cut short when she heard Zoro yell.

"Nami! Watch out!"

"Eh-?" The hand which was chasing Zoro was now aimed for Nami. She turned round too late, it was mere inches away. She didn't even have a chance to blink when the back of Luffy's body came into view.

Her eyes widen. Her treasure fell out of her hands, long forgotten. Her brain froze and for a second she forgot where she was. 'Did he just-.. take a knife for me..?'

"Luffy! You idiot-!" Zoro also rushed over to check on his captain's wound, only to find no blood. Surprisingly, the part the knife stabbed was now no more than a block of cloud.

Nami rushed around after seeing Zoro's flabbergasted face. "We need to treat the wound immediate- Huh?" The same confusion welled up in her.

Luffy breathed a sigh and pulled the blade out without so much as a wince. Buggy also got out of the rumble, bewildered that his attack did no damage.

Luffy glared daggers into him, "attacking my comrades when your in a fight with me?" Luffy took a step forward, "your no different than them."

Buggy took a step back. 'What is this.. this feeling of helplessness... it's like he's a different person from before!?'

Luffy marched towards Buggy with no hesitation. He stopped, just close enough for an attack.

The clown didn't dare move under the crimson gaze of the boy in front of him. It felt he might actually die if he were to take even a single step.

Luffy raised the blade Buggy had impaled him with over his head.

"H-Hey, wait a minute... we can tal-" the blade was brought down before he could finish. He flinched. 'Is this how I'm going to die..?'

To his shock, no pain was felt. He forced his eyes to open, the smoke coated blade was a centimetre away from puncturing his head. His senses was screaming at him to move away, but he couldn't do it.

The knife stayed where it was.

Luffy swallowed. He couldn't commit murder... he made a promise. There's no way he's breaking it now.

The blade, still coated with smoke, was thrown away to the left, it made a large dent in the ground, debris flying everywhere. Luffy eye fading back to his original colour. He closed it.

"I'll deal with you another way..." Luffy took a small step back, then suddenly, his arms stretched backwards. Buggy realised his ultimate doom, and he picked himself up and tried to flee.