ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

*grab your popcorn cause your in for a ride...

Morgan suddenly felt as if his very life was at risk. For a moment he is unable to do anything as his body was frozen by the sheer pressure and overwhelming aura emitting off the boy in front of him. He desperately wanted to run away as fast and as far as possible, but even his legs have become numb.

The boy's face was shadowed by his hair and only his sinister white eyes could be seen. Those bright glowing orbs would be forever carved into Morgan's soul. When the boy raised his head, Morgan could see a small but malicious smile lingering on the young pirate's lips, revealing a glimpse of what's to come.

Luffy lifts his hand and points it directly at Morgan, a sudden shot of a sharp white blade slashed through the air with speeds Morgan could never have imagined. "Damn it!" Morgan managed a sloppy dodge but he didn't come unscathed as his left arm was gnashed and is bleeding profusely. Morgan pants as he used his axe hand to help him stumble back up to his feet. His eyes were wide and they can't seem to blink as it's met with those exact, menacing, white orbs.

"Don't tell me that's all you can do..?" Morgan grits his teeth in anger, he refused to back down despite the dangers. He lifts himself up and, defying all warnings his senses had given him, charged towards Luffy. Morgan aimed to pierce his heart with his axe and end him on the spot.

His speed and lack in power made him unable to defend the harsh counter that Luffy gave, and before he knew it, he was on the ground. A deadly wind spear was stuck right into his back. "AGH" Morgan felt extreme pain in his chest and couldn't believe he'd been stabbed.

Morgan flipped himself around just in time to block another spear attack with his axe, he watched in confusion as the spear turned into smoke and disappeared. The boy got off from him and retreated a few steps back. "Have you given up?" He didn't understand what the boy was intending to do, but he wasn't gonna let such a chance slip by. Morgan held his bleeding wound and, ignoring the pain, attempted to deal some damage to the young pirate.

His attack was stopped by an unexpected intruder, Zoro. "Why are you here?" Morgan grunted in irritation, Zoro narrowed his eyes and unsheathed his sword, placing it next to his neck. Zoro was about to end him but he didn't need to as the wounds from Luffy's fight overwhelmed him and he fell to the ground, fainting from the blood loss.

Zoro sighed and sheathed his sword again. He turned to Luffy who was still in the same place, he was avoiding eye contact. "Hey Luffy. What are you doing?"

No response.

Zoro's expression turned into worry, he had watched the entire battle from the rooftops. They were fighting quiet hard on equal grounds but then, he didn't know what happened, Luffy suddenly felt like a different person as he fought mercilessly with a hint of wildness, a stark contrast to his usual self. "Seriously, answer me, what's goin-."

Luffy's gaze finally lifted. Zoro's breath hitched as his eyes met white, soulless orbs. He was taken aback. 'What the hell..?' Zoro's hand unconsciously gripped the end of his blade. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

Luffy stumbled slightly and touched his face, his hand shaking and he looked confused and slightly scared. "..ugh.. No.. why is this happening again... I feel a bit fuzzy..." said Luffy in a strained voice. He took a deep breath as a drop of sweat ran down his face.

"Is everything alright..?" Zoro was a bit concerned about his behaviour.

Luffy closed his eyes and walked past Zoro, trying to brush off the incident, saying. "Everything's fine... Let's go..."

Zoro remained silent and followed Luffy. He was determined to keep an eye on the boy.

• - •

Luffy's vision got a bit blurry. He didn't know why he was having a power overload now out of nowhere, he has been secretly training for the past 2 years to control it. Could it be because of... no, he had gotten over that, he made a vow to himself. To his life and to his family and friends.