Chapter 27

The following morning, the rising sun shines into Arthur and Saffron's room. The Monegasque is the first awoke to the sun on his and Saffron's face. Using his arm, he gently rolls Saffron so she isn't facing the sun before getting out of bed and going to the bathroom to grab some paracetamol and water, placing it on the bedside table next to Saffron.

Heading back into the bathroom, Arthur jumps into the shower while Saffron still sleep. While he was in there, the british blonde wakes up and immediately puts her hand of her forehead. "Ugh, how much did i drink?" she asks herself groaning. "A lot!" Arthur calls. "Don't be too loud Thutur." Saffron calls. "Sorry." he responds, stepping out the shower.

"There's some paracetamol and water on the side. Take them and we can cuddle." Arthur sticks his head out the bathroom door before shutting it and closing the door to change into his clothes. The girl takes the medication before laying back in bed. "Can we just stay in today? I don't feel like going out. I feel awful." Saffron asks as Arthur comes out the bathroom. "Sure we can." the youngest Leclerc grins before sitting beside her. She cuddles into his lap as he plays with her hair. "Be honest, how many did I drink?" Saffron asks, laying to face him. "Around 5 or 6. You were completely wasted on 3 and a half." Arthur laughs. "Ugh, I'm not having another drink for a month if this is the state I wake up in and what we have to do until I feel better." Saffron groans after hearing how many she drank.

"You did deserve it after getting the job last night." Arthur grins. "I guess I did." the british girl laughs. The DAMS driver leans down and gently kisses her lips as she kisses him back. "Are we going to make this official any time soon?" Arthur asks, placing his hand on her cheek, gently running his thumb over it. "I mean we could soft launch I guess. I don't see anything wrong with that." Saffron smiles as does Arthur. The pair peck one another on the lips a few times before he passionately kisses her. "Should we call Charles, Lorenzo and Maman before we announce so they don't get bombarded with the news?" Arthur suggests as he parts his lips from Saffron's. "Yeah. Sounds like a good idea." she agrees with the idea.

The duo announce the news to Pascale, Charles and Lorenzo to which they all were extremely delighted with. "Well, they took that well." Saffron laughs just after she posts on her instagram. "Definitely! I think my mum is the most excited." Arthur chuckles as he places his phone down. He was going to wait before announcing on his instagram so i didn't look too suspicious to fans. The driver goes back to running his fingers through the girls hair as she's still laid on his lap.

Arthur watches as her eyes slowly flutter open then shut. "Getting tired there?" he laughs. "Yeah. Might have a nap considering I'm comfy here." Saffron grins. "Alright love. Get some sleep and see if your hangover disappears." Arthur smiles, gently kissing the side of her head as she nods before falling asleep. The Formula 2 driver pulls the blanket up over the journalist as she falls into a deep sleep to the silence and warmth in the room.

Over the next hour and a half to two hours, Saffron remained undisturbed as she slept off her awful hangover with Arthur only messaging people so no-one disturbed her. With the pair flying back to Monte-Carlo on Wednesday, he wanted to make sure she wasn't hungover or anything for them going home. "Come on, Saff. Wakey wakey. We're going to eat." Arthur softly says as he gently kisses her cheek. "Mmm, 5 more minutes." she groans. "You've already slept for a hour and a half. I'm hungry and I bet you are too." Arthur chuckles.

Saffron rolls over on his lap and slowly opens her eyes with a small smile. "I am to be honest." Saffron chuckles as she sits up and onto Arthur's lap. He places his arm around her waist as she wraps one around his neck. The young Monegasque leans in and places his lips on hers hungrily as she returns the passion. "Can we like order room service?" Arthur asks through the kiss. "I guess we can. Means we can have us time." Saffron giggles. "Perfect. But first." Arthur grins flipping her over so she's laid underneath him, the girl laughing.