Chapter 10

Saffron walks through the paddock following her breakup and word was getting around fast. The media were slowly crowding around her, trying to get inside information. The young british girl could feel her anxiety rising at the number of people around her. Multiple questions were asked at her at once as camera flashed in her face and microphones were shoved towards her. "Alright, people. Move along. Leave her alone." Charles says as he, Carlos, Arthur and Ollie approach her. Arthur and Ollie help Saffron through the crowd and takes her aside as Charles and Carlos ushers them away.

"Hey, calm down. It's okay. We're here." Arthur says, wrapping his arms around Saffron as he can see her visibly shaking and on the verge of tears. The moment she was secure in his arms, it's like a dam break in her and her tears begin falling down her cheeks. She buries her face in Arthur's chest as Ollie gently rubs her back while Charles and Carlos get rid of the remaining paparazzi. "Why is this so hard? I knew the challenges that would come after a break up. But why are they harsher after breakup of a public relationship." Saffron sobs, her arms wrapped tightly around Arthur's waist while her face remained buried in his chest. Arthur's heart broke seeing Saffron in such a state and he looks at Ollie.

"That's the paparazzi gone. Come on, we'll head to Arthur's drivers room and you can stay there. Carlos, Ollie, can you guys let the FIA know that Saffron will be in Ferrari along with DAMS today and doing her reports and coursework from there." Charles asks and the two nod. "Come on, Saff. You can come and sit in my drivers room." Arthur says, leading her towards the dams motorhome.

Arthur keeps Saffrom safely protected in his arms as he heads to his drivers room with Charles following behind them. It was fairly messy with his bag and dirty clothes piled in the corner but all his racing gear neatly put away. The youngest Leclerc guides the media intern over to the couch as he sits down with her beside him, the girl clinging onto him as she continues to sob.

"Hey, it's okay. They're not here. Your safe, it's alright." Arthur whispers as he rubs Saffron's shoulder. "I'm just worried about they're saying online." Saffron sniffles. "Don't worry about the haters Saffron. They're just jealous because they don't have what you do." Charles says, crouching down infront of her. She removes her face from Arthur's shoulder but keeps her head on it. "Charles is right, Saff. Don't let them knock you down. And remember, you have us in your corner." Arthur smiles, leaning his head ontop of hers.

"Yeah. You guys are right. As long as I have you two, Ollie, Lorenzo, your mum and the others, I think I'll be okay." Saffrom softly smiles. "Exactly! I'm going to go as I have a team meeting. But, how about us three, Ollie and Carlos all go grab lunch afterwards." Charles suggests. The blonde nods before the older Leclerc squeezes her knee as he stands up and leaves the room.

Once the door was shut, Arthur and Saffron sit in silence. The young driver having his arms wrapped securely around her still while she rests her head on his shoulder. "How about you stay at my place for a while? I have a spare room you can stay in. I just don't want you to be alone in the state your in." Arthur says. "That's a good idea. Especially since I don't have my own place as I moved into Marcus'." Saffron sighs. "It's sorted. You can stay with me as long as you'd like." Arthur smiles, excitedly. "Thank you." Saffron breathes.

Silence refills the room as Arthur gently rubs Saffron's arm until she is fully calm. A knock on the door interrupts the silence. "Hey, Saff. The FIA said that it's okay for you to do your work between Ferrari and Dams for as long as you need to." Ollie says, sticking his head inside. "That's good. Thanks Ollie for doing that." the british girl smiles. "Anytime. You know where I am if you want to talk or even need a hug." Ollie smiles and Saffron nods before he disappears back to the prema garage.