Chapter 1

Life was sweet for 21 year old Saffron Beattie. She had everything a girl could dream of. A fabulous career prospect, a loving relationship and now internship as a sports journalist which she worked towards and earned by herself. Saffron has also been in a 4 year relationship with former Formula 2 and current Indycar driver Marcus Armstrong, the pair dating when they were 17 and 19, and thanks to his strong racing links, Saffron had formed strong friendships with other drivers. Two of which are Charles and Arthur Leclerc. 

Saffron formed a good friendship with Charles but was closer to Arthur due to him being teammates with Marcus in Formula 3. The London girl knew Marcus wasn't fond of her close bond with Arthur and forced them to slowly stop talking. The friendship ending hurt Saffron massively, both emotionally and mentally. But overtime, she healed but kept Arthur at the back of her mind. Charles messaged her asking her what happened between herself and Arthur. Saffron knew she couldn't lie but couldn't tell the truth, saying it was Marcus who forced her to end the friendship. That meant Saffron had to do nothing but lie.

Now, on the first race of the new season, Saffron was getting ready for her first media day as an intern journalist. Marcus had accompanied her that weekend and he would be watching the race from the FIA's hospitality along with Saffron. The Indycar driver heads to hospitality while Saffron did her media duties.

She had interviewed a few drivers, the likes of Lando Norris, Lewis Hamilton, Valterri Bottas and Fernando Alonso. While she was in the middle of interviewing Pierre Gasly, on the other side to which she couldn't see, her former best friend Arthur was watching her while waiting for Charles. He thought it was her when he first looked over but looking closer, the youngest Leclerc realized it was indeed his former best friend, whom he missed dearly.

While lost in deep thought, Arthur didn't realized Charles joined him once his media duties were done. He only snapped out when his older brother waved his hand in front of his face. "What?" Arthur asks the older ferrar driver. "You okay, bro? You seem lost in thought." Charles asks concerned. "Yeah. I...I'll tell you about it later." Arthur shakes his head. "Alright. Come on, let me go get my stuff then we'll head back." Charles says, placing his hand on Arthur's shoulder and squeezing it.

Taking one last look at Saffron as she finished her interview with Pierre and was laughing while talking to him, Arthur turned his back and headed in the direction Charles had went. His minds couldn't stop thinking about Saffron and how much she had changed in her appearance. Her smile was as bright as ever, her lips gorgeously plump and her nose as perfect as he last remembered.

Once Charles got his belongings and returned to Arthur who was waiting outside. The car ride to the hotel was silent, Charles tried to make conversation but Arthur was too busy thinking about his old best friend. Seeing her after half a year brought all their old memories back. "Arth, come on buddy. Tell me what's bugging you." Charles says, glancing at Arthur. "I saw her." Arthur sighs, giving in. "Saw who?" Charles questions. "Saffron. I saw her while she was interviewing Pierre." Arthur says.

"Wait? She's here?" Charles asks quickly. "Yeah. I don't know why though." Arthur sighs before leaning his head against the window. Charles knew Arthur had and still does have a crush on Saffron. But due to her dating Marcus, he couldn't ask her out on a date as much as he'd have liked to. "She's on an internship as a sports journalist." Charles says while looking ahead. "For Formula 1?" Arthur asks, turning to his older brother. "Yeah. Carlos told me and I'm telling you, she's looking pretty damn fine." Charles laughs.

Meanwhile in Saffron's hotel room, she slides her shoes off. "Hey love, how was it?" Marcus asks, smiling as Saffron sits on the bed and cuddles into him. "Good. My first day was great and I got a right feel of what the atmosphere is like and seen how other reporters do interviews. I know what questions to ask and not to ask. I'm due at the track all weekend, you're welcome to come if you'd like." Saffron smiles, looking up at Marcus. "I think I like that idea. See you in action after Free Practice." Marcus smiles.

He then leans down and pecks Saffron's lips. Their attention turns to the TV and after a while, Marcus begins getting ready for bed, the blonde girl gets a text message. Grabbing her phone, the london girl notices a text message from Charles

•••••••••
iMessage
Charles

Charles
Hey Saff
How was your first day?
Carlos told me he had an interview
with you before lunch

Saffron
Hi Charles
It was good
Carlos is different to you definitely. I
see why you two get on so well

Charles
You're funny 😂
Anyway, you know Arthur saw you

Saffron
Did he?

Charles
Yeah
He was too scared and upset to come
talk to you
I know why you cut him off, because
Marcus made you
But can you atleast DM him?

Saffron
Sure
Just as long as Marcus doesn't find
out
He'll kill me

Charles
Okay
I'll let Arth know

Saffron
Okay Charles
See you tomorrow
•••••••••

Placing her phone down, Saffron changes into her pajamas and removes her makeup. Sitting on her side of her bed, Saffron quickly DM's Arthur before falling asleep.

••••••••••
Instagram DM
arthur_leclerc

saffron.beattie
Hey Arth
I know it's been a while since we
messaged but I wanted you to know
that Charles told me that you saw me
You were more than welcome to come
and talk to me today as Marcus isn't here
I miss us, y'know
Hopefully we can get back to where
we were
••••••••••