Chapter 6

Following the night on the yatch, Saffron awakens the next morning completely refreshed. Turning to her left, she smiles as she sees Arthur still fast asleep. Quietly, Saffron climbs out of bed and heads to the kitchen. She boils the kettle and makes herself a morning cuppa before heading to the front of the yatch and sitting on the deck, looking at the rising sun.

"You're up early." Lorenzo's voice says from behind her. "Yeah. I prefer to enjoy the peace before the chaos." Saffron laughs. "Don't we all." the eldest leclerc says before adding, "I'm going to head to the kitchen and begin cooking breakfast ready for when everyone is up. Would you like to help?" "I'm good. Thanks for the offer, Enzo." Saffron smiles before Lorenzo disappears.

•••••••••
iMessage
Marcus

Marcus
Morning baby
How come you weren't home
last night? x

Saffron
Morning my love
Me and the girls stayed on the boat
overnight
I'll be home this evening x

Marcus
Okay
I'll make sure dinner is done and
out ready for you x

Saffron
Thank you baby
I'll see you when I get home x
•••••••••

"Thought you'd be out here." Arthur says, sitting beside Saffron. "You found me. How was your sleep?" the girl asks, laying her head on his shoulder. "Good. What about you. You were passed out by the time I came to bed." Arthur laughs, laying his head ontop of Saffron's. "Great. Completely refreshing since I didn't have Marcus' snoring beside me." Saffron laughs. The pair fall into a comfortable silence, enjoying each other's presence. "I really missed this." Arthur says, watching the continuous sunrise with Saffron. "Me too. This needs to happen more often." the girl smiles. "Definitely." Saffron agrees as she finishes drinking her cuppa. "Lorenzo is cooking breakfast right now so hopefully it should be ready for when everyone else is up." Saffron says, lifting her head.

"Yeah. Come here, I need morning hugs. And if I remember, yours are the best." Arthur laughs, laying down and opening his arms for Saffron. The London blonde laughs before laying in Arthur's arms, one of her arms wrapping around him. "Yep, still the best." Arthur laughs. "I know they are." Saffrom chuckles.

Lorenzon comes out the kitchen as breakfast cooks and his eyes immediately land on Saffron and Arthur cuddled up as they enjoyed what was left of the sunrise. Quickly making sure his sound was off, Lorenzo gets a quick photo before disappearing back into the kitchen. Once everyone was up, they all sat around the table and began to eat breakfast which had already finished cooking but was warmed up. Laughter and lighthearted talking filled the room as the group fell into conversations about racing, their careers and other things.

Driving the boat back to shore, Saffron sat on the main deck with Alexandra and Charlotte. "So, Saffron. How long have you know Arthur?" Alexandra asks, turning to the young blonde. "Well, since my boyfriend was teammates with him in Formula 3." Saffron smiles. "Oh, you're already dating?" Alexandra asks shocked and Charlotte nudges her. "Yeah. Coming up 4 and a half years." Saffron smiles. "Who is the mystery guy then?" Alex smiles. "Marcus Armstrong." Saffron says with a soft smile. "No way. The rookie indycar driver?" the italian girl giggles. "Yeah. The indycar rookie." Saffron answers.

Pulling into the dock, the group grab their belongings before stepping off the yatch. Saffron sends a quick message to Marcus to let him know she's back. "I'll drop you off, Saff." Arthur smiles as the girl places her phone back in her bag. "Sounds good. I'll see you all at the next race hopefully." Saffron smiles as she hugs everyone. "I will for sure." Charles grins. "You'll have to come over to the house one day sweetheart. It's been a while since you've been there." Pascale smiles, tightly hugging the girl. "I'll make sure to come over after Australia." Saffron smiles, returning the hug.