nine

chapter nine

"Duncan?" Lydia questioned as she walked around the corridors and saw the butler picked up bits of broken glass.

"Yes Miss Lydia." He said and stood up.

"What happened?" She asked and surveyed the numerous bits of glass on the ground.

"Farleigh." Duncan whispered and Lydia nodded.

"What happened this time? I'll talk to him."

"He got into an argument with Sir James."

"Do you know what about?" Lydia asked as she picked up a shard of glass and threw it in the bin.

"No Miss I couldn't say." Duncan said and with that Lydia left on a hunt for Farleigh.

When she didn't find him he was slouched against one of the various sofas in the house with Oliver sat beside him.

"Oh Lydia just the girl we were talking about." She shouted and patted down a seat beside him.

"You were talking about me?" She said and sat.

"Yes, well I was just telling Oliver here what happens to Felix's friends."

"What." Lydia said and shot him a look.

"No don't worry Farleigh was just telling me about the past people Felix had bought to Saltburn." Oliver defended him but Lydia want sure.

"Yes, and how you are the only one who always gets invited back." Farleigh said and chuckled to himself.

"Felix is just good at making new friends." Lydia said trying to defend him and she knew Farleigh was probably going to drop a bomb in a minute.

A bomb about Felix.

"Mhm sure, sure." Farleigh muttered then averted his gaze to Oliver. "Well it was nice to meet you while it lasted, Ollie boy."

"Farleigh your not funny, leave him alone."

"No it's fine, I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it." Oliver said trying to be kind but Lydia shook her head.

"It'd fine Ollie Farleigh it a little shit and you shouldn't let him get what he wants." Lydia spoke before deciding to take her leave.

She had completely forgotten about asking him what happened with the glass earlier but that didn't matter. She was off to find Felix.

"Fefe!" She exclaimed as she saw him standing, looking at a small picture.

"Lydia, look." He said and showed her the photo.

It was a picture of them when they were 14 in their boarding school uniforms. Both had wide smiles on their faces and their arms were sling around each other.

"You were so cute." Lydia said and ran a finger over his face on the photo.

"Am I not still?" He laughed and looked at her.

"No, your more handsome now." She winked at him as a joke and he shook
his head laughing to himself.

"Let's go get breakfast."

Breakfast this morning at Saltburn was filled with light conversations as Elsbeth muttered on about various topics.

"You are so right dear we should have a party!" Elsbeth exclaimed and James nodded. "What do you think Oliver?" She added and stared the boy down.

"I think a party would be a great idea."

"I shall invite the Henry's over." Elsbeth then said.

"The Henry's?" Oliver asked.

"Their just a bunch of people called Henry." Venetia informed him and he nodded before staring down at his food.

Venetia then focused her attention as Felix and Lydia joined them at the breakfast table.

"Felix, Lydia take a seat." Elsbeth said as Lydia sat beside Venetia and Felix opposite Oliver.

Lydia peered over at Felix recalling the night before antics but brushed them off as he talked to Oliver.

"I see your wearing his clothes now." Venetia whispered and Lydia nodded.

"Mine were all in my room."

"So you too had sex?"

"No, but we made up." Lydia said and dug into her scrambled eggs.

"Make up sex then?" Venetia laughed as she drank something from her wine glass.

"No sex. Just talking and sleeping." Lydia revealed and Venetia nodded.

"That means the revenge dress worked." She winked and Lydia laughed.

"I guess it did."