eight

chapter eight

Felix and Lydia had gotten back to Saltburn at around 2 in the morning and the first thing Felix did was put her down onto their bed as he quickly took his dirtied shirt off. Flashing his abs and v line. But Lydia was too concerned with everything that she didn't even glance at him.

"Lyds please look at me." He begged but she didn't say a word as she stared down at the ground.

With a sigh Felix decided to leave it.

"Let's get you cleaned up." He said and lead her to the bathroom linked to his room.

Felix's hands gripped around her waist and he lifted her onto the countertop by the sink. His hands lingered on her waist for a moment before letting go.

Not much was said as he ran a face towel under the water of the sink and bought it up to Lydia's face, gently rubbing under and over her eyes to clean away the left over mascara and around her cheeks, he wiped her tears away.

"Felix." Lydia breathed out and moved her hand up to grip onto his wrist. "Are we not going to talk about what happened today."

"What do you want to talk about." He motioned but knew what she meant.

"Why did you just leave me earlier. After you kissed me."

Felix immediately put the wet rag down and placed his hands either side of the counter, trapping Lydia in.

"Lydia if I didn't stop. Neither of us would have ever left that maze." He said and his eyes darkened.

"What?" She said back and crossed her arms.

Suddenly he stared up at her and tucked Lydia's hair behind her ear.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to kiss you, and I wasn't going to hold back."

Lydia felt herself sober up from his words as she moved her arms around his neck and her hands tangled in his hair as the pair of them hugged. Felix placed his head in the crook of her shoulder and she could feel his breaths on her leaving her with goosebumps.

It was a while before the pair of them broke their hug in silence.

"I'll run you a bath." Felix informed her and she nodded and watched as he walked to the tub in the middle of the room and started to fill it.

His back muscles flexed as his arms moved around the bath water checking its temperature.

Several minutes later the bath was ready and Lydia jumped down from the counter and wobbled a bit as she walked over to the bath. She was about to step in it fully clothed but Felix coughed making her turn around.

"Your going to go in the bath like that?" He said and eyed her still in her dress.

"Oh." She said and began to pull the sleeves down.

"Lydia how drunk are you." He commented but the girl only laughed in response.

"Help me unzip." She then said brushing off his comment as she moved in front of him.

He moved her hair over one shoulder and pulled the zipper down in one motion. Holding in a deep breath and she pulled the dress down further and slipped out of it. Felix turned around his back facing her as she did so.

After Lydia had gotten into the bath she let out a sigh of relief as the warm water relaxed her making her slightly drossy. That's when she opened her eyes and noticed Felix still stood opposite the bath with his back turned to her.

"Felix?" She questioned and he hummed in reply.

"What are you doing?" She asked yet again and he chuckled.

"Your naked Lydia." He informed her and she looked down and raised a brow at him, though he did not see.

"So?" She then muttered out and splashed some of the bath water at him.

"I'll just leave." He then said and began to slowly make his way out the door without sparing her a glance but she stopped him.

"No, come sit and talk to me." She said. "Please."

With an sigh he gave in and shuffled over to the bath backwards and sat down against the tub staring at the floor.

"You can look at me. It won't change anything." She quipped but he just shook his head.

"I don't want to make you fell uncomfortable."

"Felix, it's you. You won't ever make me feel that way."

After what felt like hours more of the pair talking Lydia abruptly stood up and stepped out the bath.

"Can you get me a towel." She asked Felix and he shut his and nodded.

She was stood directly in front of him and yet he still didn't even look. As he threw a towel at her she rapped herself in it and then Felix's eyes opened.

"Your no fun." Lydia complained and flicked some water at him making him laugh.

"Oh really?" He fought back and then suddenly ran over to Lydia and picked her up, slinging her over his shoulder.

"Felix!" She exclaimed through laughs as she almost let go of her towel.

He didn't listen and walked her back through to his room and placed her down on the bed.

"Felix I'm soaking wet. I shouldn't be on the bed." She said and stood up but Felix's mouth dropped making her realise what she had said.

"No! Not like that!" She shouted and her face reddened from either embarrassment or the alcohol in her system. She wasn't sure.

"It's fine I tend to have that effect on girls." He said back and smirked but Lydia just stuck her tongue out at him.

"Your gross."

Lydia then searched the room for any of her clothes but looked back at Felix when she realised all of her own clothes where in her room.

"I'll be right back." She said and walked over to the door but then felt a hand on her wrist.

"Where are you going?" Felix asked and stared down at her.

"To get some clothes."

"No. People will see you if you go out and only I get to see Lydia Moore, soaking wet in a towel."

"Stop." She said and made a fake gaging motion before she felt a t-shirt being thrown at her face.

"Wear that." Felix said before jumping into bed.

Lydia slipped the t-shirt on quickly and it reached her mid thigh. Felix was rather tall after all.

Walking towards the bed she noticed a pair of his clean boxers beside them and slipped them on as-well as she didn't want to sleep bare.

Then as Lydia slipped into bed and turned the lamp off a pair of strong hands pulled her closer into the warm sheets.