six

chapter six

Lydia was beyond pissed. More angry then she had ever been as she finally entered the halls of Saltburn after trying to escape the twisting walls of the maze for the past hour or so.

She had a scowl on her face as she entered Venetia's room for some comfort. Still not quite comprehending the fact of what Felix had just done.

"Lydia!" Venetia shouted a she entered her smile widening as she saw the girl.

"Hey." Lydia replied and plopped down beside Venetia on her bed, her face hitting the plush mattress as she screamed into it.

"What happened?" Venetia questioned as Lydia finally stopped screaming into to the mattress and arose.

"Something happened with Felix and me." 

"Something? Wait was that a good scream or a bad scream?"

"Bad."

"Oh." Venetia whispered as she bought her fingers up to touch her lips in surprise as her mouth formed an o shape. "Tell me everything." Venetia then added intrigued.

After several minutes of explaining the situation as Venetia nodded along with some gasps of anger at her brothers actions along the way.

"We'll you've got to make him jealous." Venetia said as she snorted at the thought.

"Jealous? He clearly doesn't like me that much if he left me their!"

"No Lydia, he likes you. It's just he can't show it." Venetia said trying to make light of the situation. "So your going to go to tonight's party."

"Party? What party?"

"Just a party. Happening in the woods outside the house. Felix will be their which means....." Venetia drifted off as she jumped from the bed and walked over to her closet pulling out a rather short black strapless dress.

"Revenge dress." Lydia finished for her.

"Yes, revenge dress." Venetia confirmed.

The girls had both named the dress  after Venetia had worn it last year at yet another party after finding out her boyfriend had cheated on her. Let's just say it didn't end well for that ex-boyfriend.

"Thank you." Lydia whispered as she admired the small dress. "You'll help me with my makeup?" She asked.

"Only if you help me with my hair."

"Deal."

After three hours of choosing an outfit for Venetia, doing makeup, straightening, curling and spraying hair the two girls were ready.

"You look so hot." Lydia said to Venetia who smiled back at her.

"We'll you can always go for me over Felix." Venetia joked and winked at her.

"I'm considering it after what he did." Lydia laughed back.

The party was wild to say the least. Amongst the trees and branches their was a small clearing in the middle which hosted around a hundred or more teenagers swaying, dancing and drinking to the music that played loudly through two speakers.

The sun had set now and all that illuminated the area was a small projector and the moon light.

Lydia and Venetia had only just arrived but some people had already passed out against some trees, others making out at the edge of the tree line and others doing much more.

"Well isn't this fun. Let's go get a drink." Venetia offered to which Lydia nodded.

Venetia had chosen to wear a sparkly silver skirt paired with a small black top and a jacket.

Where as Lydia had taken to wearing the small, black, strapless revenge dress and paired it with a pair of black boots. Her shoulders felt the chills of the night air but it didn't matter if she was a little cold she was going to have a good time and push Felix out of her mind.

A few moments later Venetia and Lydia both had two cups of some sort of alcoholic beverage and were sipping away.

Well Lydia was sipping away and Venetia was downing hers.

"Lydia come on." Venetia then said and eyes up her drink.

"What I like to drink slow."

"Not today! We are going to get violently drunk and laid." Venetia said as she dipped her cup into the large container of an alcoholic concoction and chugged it yet again.

After a few more nags Lydia did as her friend said and started downing her drinks left and right.

"Let's go dance!" Lydia suddenly shouted and left her cup on a small table before running off to mingle with people.

After dancing with several people Lydia realised she had lost Venetia but that was alright because she knew she had wanted to get laid and the pair of them would eventually be separated as the night went on.

However that when she saw him.

Felix Catton grinding on some random girl as they danced together and he smiled down at her, just like how he had smiled down at Lydia.