3

They spend 5 minutes in Grace's car fixing their hair and wiping their faces of smudged makeup.

"What do you think? Movie night with popcorn?" Grace looks brand new, like any other weekend afternoon. Addison can feel the way her face is puffy, but Grace assures her she looks like a cute baby or 'something.'

"What do you want to watch? We finished Maker's Delight last weekend." It took them five minutes, but they eventually pulled Addison's suitcases into Grace's foyer. The house is larger than Addison's, but it still feels homely. They leave the suitcases in the foyer and toe off their shoes.

Grace's bedroom is upstairs; she has a room twice as big as Addison's, with her own flat-screen TV, and a queen-size bed that has a trundle underneath. Addison still feels like her chest is tight, but this is a routine for them, and so they fall easily into it.

Grace picks out cute matching PJs, and they take turns showering in Grace's adjoining bathroom. Addison goes first and listens to music that Grace sings along to from the other side of the door.

The bathroom is large, and tiled in baby pinks and blues. Addison loves it, especially because she's never got to have a bathtub to relax in, and Grace has a deep one that is also a shower.

She lathers her lean body in coconut-scented body wash, and it feels like she's washing away all today's tears and heartbreak. She even begins to feel the music and sways back and forth with it.

"Ba-dam, ba-dam..." Addison scrubs her scalp and washes her legs, getting in every crevice and spot. By the end of it, she feels a bit new and more fresh.

Toweling off her body, she wonders if she'll ever get to feel like this in her own home or wonders if she'll ever feel okay again.

"Look at them abs!" "Eeeew, you did not just say that Grace!" They squeal laughter, lying beside each other in Grace's bed. The lights are dark, and a caramel candle lit somewhere off to the right. They have a shared bowl of buttery popcorn between them that is tasting better with every minute they watch the movie.

Movie in question? Mated In Love.

Addison still finds it a bit weird that it also can stand for Mother In Law, but that's beside the fact. What's actually weird is that the hot owner of said abs is an anamorphic wolf, standing on his hind legs and pushing the main character up a wall. Though Addison does have to admit, the CGI isn't all too bad.

"C'mon! You're telling me you wouldn't be down for Danny Greyhound?" Addison makes a loud retching sound, turning her head away and leaning over the bed as if to fake vomit, before erupting into loud laughter.

"That's basically bestiality, Grace!" "Shh, Siri will hear you!" And then they're both gone, popcorn on the bedside table as they roll on their backs and kick their legs.

It's not even that good of a movie, but Grace always seems to know what to say to make it interesting. And hey, Mr. Greyhound isn't all that bad.

Or at least in human form, anyway.