Invasion

You've earned an Emerald Badge. Congratulations!

Seeing what was being flashed inside the lacrima made me stunned for a minute. I don't really expect this kind of outcome. How can an ordinary maiden like me received such powerful badge?

I swiftly took a glimpse on my fellow candidates and the only reaction I could get from them is jealousy. Kung normal na dalaga lang siguro ako ay nagtatalon na ako sa tuwa but happiness is beyond my reach.

I forced a smile but a tear escaped my eyes. Mabilis ko itong pinahid pero huli na dahil nakita na ito ng assessor.  I was about to stand when he offered me his hand. Sandali ko siyang tinitigan bago ko tinanggap ang kanyang tulong.

"With great power, comes a great responsibility. Are you willing to sacrifice to achieve that?"

Fear registered in my system as my family's images started flashing before my eyes. My knees trembled but before I slumped on the ground, Mr. Fiore caught me.

"You need to run Ms. Finley. They're coming for you. Run with your family as fast as possible. Because once they caught you, they will kill you."

"Who are they?" I asked with trembling voice.

"Assassins."

After hearing his answer ay mabilis kong nilisan ang bulwagan at lakad takbong tinahak ang masiglang kalye ng Vernice.

While running away from the Town Hall ay maraming tumatakbo sa aking isipan. Negative thoughts started clouding my mind but before it could form a dark nebula of thoughts ay napahinto ako dahil sa malakas na pagsabog.

"Ang Town Hall nasusunog!"

Isang sigaw ng babae ang pumukaw sakin and upon seeing the town hall being engulfed by a huge flame ay naramdaman ko ang pagdaloy ng enerhiya mula sa aking kamay papunta sa ibang bahagi ng aking katawan.

The mana inside my body started to erupt making all the necessary gears to synchronize with each other. My awakening was unbearable so I chose to rest beside the fruit stand which was left empty by the vendor after seeing the town hall on fire.

Nanatili akong nakasandig sa haligi ng maliit na fruit stand nang biglang duman ang chariot ng assessor. Nag-iwan ito ng makapal na alikabok sa hangin dahil sa bilis ng pagkakatakbo nito. I slightly coughed after inhaling a small amount of dust.

The chauffer must be in a hurry since his passenger is an important figure in the society.

Nang humupa na ang sakit na aking nararamdaman ay siya namang pagdaan ng wyvern sakay si Salvador at Agatha. Salvador was furious but his face remained impassive.

Ilang minuto pa ay ang wyvern ng mga Montague naman ang dumaan. Nakasakay sa likod nito ang duguang si Cloud at dalawang kalahok na kasali sa assessment kanina. He's really an admirable young man.

I was on the state of admiring Cloud's benevolence when the smell of death entered my nostrils. Someone's blood lust mixed with the air and inhaling it  was really suffocating.

I hid myself behind the fruit stand since my body was still feeble due to my awakening. It was really frustrating to be helpless in this trying time. The only thing I could do is to suppress my presence to avoid being detected by the enemies.