Chapter 19

Kyra's POV:

"It's enough,I guess",I gestured for Jiya to stop as she applied too much lipstick.

"You shouldn't be the one to say this.Do I have to remind you how classy you used to be?",she giggled

Maybe,yes!!!

Everytime somebody mentions it,I feel like I wanna jump out the window.

"I mean I don't get it.We are here to present our work not us, right?",I grabbed a tissue, shifting the topic

"Making an impression is necessary",she replied

The day was finally here.After numerous hours spent with these people,I mastered the art of being the imposter.

I can't deny that I kinda enjoyed some part of this journey. But my ambition isn't down this path.

"Hey there, everything's fine?", Rishi enquired Jiya as she showed him the pile of our written work.

The concept of this contest seems to be that the group's individual works should complement each other.

And the miracle is that I managed to write a short content fitting the theme well.

I knew it was good when his eyes had the sparkle when he read it.

"And you?? You're okay?",he asked, snapping me away from my thoughts

I noticed that we were alone in this room.

"Yeah..you don't have to act.There's no one else in the room",I cut him off

"Don't violate our pact.You have to play nice",he responded playfully

Playing nice is boring when he's gets to be bossy.

As I saw the tissue in my hand, mischief sparkled in me with a plan.

"I can't help it.You are no fun when you are the good boy",I mocked, circling him.

He gazed at me like I'm the most interesting thing in this room.

Mind it when there are books in here.I mean,he's a writer.

"Is that an insult or are you flirting with me?",he faked being confused as a grin formed across his face.

Oh, it's just the start, honey

"You'll know.Mind if I take a seat?" I asked, pointing at his lap.

Before he could respond, I perched myself there, deliberately getting close.

"What the hell-?",his eyes narrowed with genuine confusion this time

Our legs grinded against each other in this side saddling position.To make it wilder,I placed my arms around his neck.

If I could photograph a single moment and frame it forever,this would be it.

His face looked priceless as he was questioning if he was hallucinating.

"You look hot when you are clueless",I replied with a cheeky grin, tracing a finger along the edge of his jawline.

With a swift motion, I pulled out the strained tissue, feigning interest in fixing my makeup.

I seized the moment to playfully smudge a bit of my lipstick on his cheek.

Half-way through the process he caught my arm, pulling me real close to him.

"Clueless??"he chuckled

His hand crept to my waist at a slower pace.The other rested firmly on my knees, trapping me from standing up.