Gone in a flash

Hailey

"I look stupid"

"Don't say that! You look wonderful, now get ready quick, we can't be late." Shannon says as she leaves my room giving me one last glance.

I stand in front of my mirror and stare at my self, this dress looks terrible on me, it's most definitely not what I wanted, maybe it's just not fitting me right. Ugh, summer just started I can't be like this. It's hot girl season and I'm definitely not reaching the standards.

I eventually change my into this light blue dress that I got from my grandma on my birthday.

"Hailey come on!"

Shoot. I had to leave now.

My cousin Laila was getting married and I was so excited. She has been my all time favourite cousin, we've- I mean she's always dreamt of this day to come, not me though, I'm too much of a hopeless romantic for anything special to happen in life. Special meaning, something out of a romance novel, or movie. 

I was so happy for her, and just so ecstatic to see her up there for the first time.

I rush down stairs and get in to the car as fast as I can. Didn't take me a second to get in before Zander started roasting me on how late I was. Kind of deserved it, I did the same to him too, only cause it took him hours to put on a tie.

When we arrive I'm awestruck at how beautiful the venue is, it's like it's something out of a book, or a sort of movie...

I walk around the place taking a look at every little detail, seeing if there's some sort of funny little clue, or anything really. Laila always liked easter eggs, I was guessing there could be a little something around here.

I try to avoid any objects or people, I don't want to bump into anyone and cause a scene.

I walk over to Zander who seems to have taken a great interest in some glass pole looking thing, I'm not sure what it's called, but it looks so... unrealistic ? I will say though, it is very pretty.

"You know how stupid you'd look to a person from over there?" I say, pointing far over to my right.

"How so?" He says in a sarcastic and unamused manner.

"It'd look like you're staring at nothing" I try to keep my posture upright trying not to laugh.

It's so funny saying stupid things, I do it a lot to Zander since there's no one else to.

He just rolls his eyes walks away.

I take a quick Look around me, it seems like a lot more people are arriving now, I should go see Laila,.. or not. She's probably busy getting changed. I don't want to annoy her.

It's been about an hour and it looks that a lot more people had arrived, the ceremony was just about to start actually. I was trying to find Zander since I didn't want to go sit with my younger cousins, their just, a bit strangely hyper. But they'll do alright, I mean, Bethany's there.

I took my seat next to my mom and Zander next to mine, The ceremony was about to start, when a thought hit me.

The bouquet. was supposed to bring that. I struggled to stay focused and froze in my thoughts, maybe Shannon gave it, or something. I start to panic when I realize I was the one that was supposed to bring. Laila specifically asked me because I always chose the flowers and I hand picked them just right for her.