chapter two.

02 | THE START OF A PLAN

I knew I should have ran away.

Because if I had, I wouldn't be in this stupid situation. And now I have to seduce some guy who I don't even know and make him tell me what the hell is happening to us.

I've been a bit consistent for a few hours and gathered some information about the guy who lives next door to me.

First of all, he's blonde. Which to me is a huge red flag but I digress. He only lives with his mother. He likes to have his window wide open for some reason. And, likes to read in the town library.

I wasn't necessarily stalking him by then because I completely gave up. But when I visited the library to return a book, I saw him alone at a table, reading.

The same book I just returned. And when I saw that, it gave me my spectacular plan to start a conversation with him. At least about something.

I asked the person at the counter about him and he told me that he comes here everyday. So, with that information, I stirred up my perfect foolproof plan.

"Hello?" Luna answers the phone. She yawns right after before I hear moving around in what I guess is her bed. Or someone else's bed, knowing Luna.

"Luna, I have a plan." I decide to just flat out tell her because I want to get off this phone immediately. I knew that if I texted her, she'd call me even though I can easily tell her over text.

"Who is that?" I hear a male voice before the phone is muted. I frown, then cringe in disgust. I knew she was with someone, the girl doesn't like her bed all that much.

Sooner or later, the phone unmutes and she apologizes to me. "Sorry about that. But what's going on? What's your plan with the neighbor?"

I finally recover after a few minutes. "I found out that he likes to read at the library and he's now in the middle of a book I just finished. So I figured I come up to him later today and just talk about it."

Luna groans. "Love the plan, Seven. But why don't you get bolder? I mean he looks like he's never felt the touch of a woman. You can do better."

I scoff at that. "You out of all people should not tell me anything. I mean you have someone in your bed at the moment."

"Oh shut up." She scoffs. "I'm just letting you know. Just keep that in mind in case you need something a little more daring for you."

"I don't think I ever will." I sing. It's silence before I hear that male voice again. But before I'm traumatized once more, I hang up and toss my phone on the couch like it's on fire.

I've had enough of Luna and her boyfriends. I've walked in on her getting down so many times it makes me want to throw up just thinking about it.

I shake off my disgust and start to focus on my plan.