Chapter 51 - Bacon and Meowson

Start from the beginning

"She's coming! She's here!"

"Ron, you sound like a little school girl." Hermione commented, though she couldn't help but smile either as Ron opened the window for Oaklyn.

In Oaklyn's claws was a small box with holes for whatever was inside to breathe. A note was attached.

Setting aside the note, Ron carefully took the box in his hands, removing the lid. Peeking inside, a small creature looked up at him. Taking it in his hands, Ron raised it out of the box, looking at the creature as the creature looked back at him.

"What even is it?

"What even is it? ...Hermione?" Ron asked her without even leaving his eyes from the creature.

Hermione stood up and took the note that Ron had put aside. Harry stood up and joined Ron, looking at the small magical beast.

"The note says Y/n discovered it. She apparently went through all her books and even asked Dumbledore and it's never been found before. She's named its species, Ronavi, after you, Ron. It drinks nectar from flowers like butterflies. Oh, and it's a girl. Pick a nice name, Ron! From, Y/n. Oh, P. S., please make a list of its behaviours! I didn't study it that long, so I'd love to write about it and submit it (under a different name cause I'm supposedly dead right now). Thanks!" Hermione read out, looking back at Ron who was still studying the creature.

"I think I'm going to name you... ah- wait!" Ron called out as the small Ronavi flew from his hands, exploring the room. It landed on the sweater that Molly Weasley had made for Ron, cuddling into it before falling asleep. Ron paused, smiling softly at the tiny creature.

"Bacon."

"Why Bacon?" Harry asked, Hermione looked at Ron weirdly, "You're naming her Bacon?"

"What? Mum's bacon sandwiches are kinda my comfort food."

"Bacon it is." Harry agreed, the three friends gathering around their new magical friend.

═════════════

Y/n nervously peeked into the hallway, looking around for anyone before hiding back into her room. She gave a nervous smile to the black furry creature sitting on her bed.

"Meow."

"Jason in my defence you shouldn't have snuck into my room and eaten chocolates that were not yours. Especially if the box was right next to my cauldron."

Jason, who had accidently eaten one of the chocolates Y/n was making as an experiment, had turned into a black cat with a strand of white fur. Y/n sighed as she observed him, "I would transform you back with a spell, but I'm not sure if that would go wrong since you were changed using a potion... I don't exactly want to risk it so we'll just have to wait for it to wear off-"

"MEOW!??" Jason had stood up, alarmed. He didn't want to be stuck as a cat longer than he had to.

"It shouldn't last that long, Jason, calm down." Y/n peeked into her cauldron, observing the ingredients she used. "Perhaps uhm... a week at most?"