Chapter 2

Finally! I've really been anxious to write this chapter. Unlike the previous chapter, this chapter will be like a short little one-shot of Thuke. For those Perlia shippers out there, this scene of fluffiness is NECESSARY for the story plot. Can you take a guess? If not, you'll read why in the future chapters. IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT END!

Thalia's P.O.V.
Mid-day, Lunchtime, A little past afternoon

Nothing; Absolutely nothing. If you're wondering, that's what's on my agenda for today. For the remainder of the day, anyway. I've got freetime to spare. That's until Luke, clad in another pair of those acursed multi-pocketed shorts, finally came back from "scouting".

"Alright," he said, setting down a McDonald's kids meal, "I got your meal, m'lady."

I snorted in response, mumbling a quick "Thank You" as I dug in, wolfing down the food. About five minutes later, I set aside the box and placed it in our trash pile. Brushing my hands off, I looked at Luke; Who was still there, watching me.

"What?" I said, my eyes narrowing menacingly.

"You forgot about your toy," he replied, a small smirk already forming.

"Those stupid girl toys? No thank you."

"Actually, I think you'd like it."

Sighing exasperatedly, I leaned over to the box, reaching inside it, and pulled out a pink pony that's inside a plastic bag. I did what I normally do; I shoved it in Luke's face. Luke let out a small chuckle, shaking his head.

"No, I mean this toy," he said, reaching behind him and pulling out a black tomahawk. How on Gaea did he manage to steal that?

"I heard you talking about it in your sleep, so I, uh, got it? For you?" He said, fiddling with the tomahawk nervously.

I raised an eyebrow at him, crossing my arms. Luke glanced up from the tomahawk, staring at me expectantly, silently pleading for me to take it. It was adorable, actually. He looked like a cute little golden retriever puppy. . . I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Of course I'll take it, ya puppy," I responded, grabbing the tomahawk from his hands and clipping it onto my belt, while all the while not fully realizing what I'd said.The tomahawk, surprisingly, was actually light (As most tomahawks are). Luke quirked a brow, his eyes so full of amusement and mirth that I knew he was just dying on the inside. Good for him.

"Puppy? What kind? Is this where I have to come up with a nickname for you?" Questions flew out of his mouth so fast that I just had to intervene before I was swarmed.

"Yes, goldy. And you can give me a nickname as long as I agree with it." I replied simply, rolling my eyes.

"Ooh, I quite like that nickname. It's like you're actually being nice to me." He said, smirking.

"Whatever you say, Goldie (Goldy?) Locks."

"There's the Thalia I know and love." He looked at me, some strange emotion glinting in his eyes as he nudged me playfully (and gently) . I felt heat rushing to my face from both his comment, the fact he stole a tomahawk for me (I know, romantic, right? Gods of Olympus, did I really just think that?), and the fact that his shoulder brushed against mine. Even if it was for the slightest moment, it still sent tingles and sparks up and down my arm. I felt a small, strange flutter in my stomach. Crap! I'm going to throw up!. . . I think. Dear gods, I hope I'm not blushing. I wanted so badly to reply, Don't get used to it, pretty boy, but my voice wouldn't work. I desperately tried to retort and end this awkward silence, but I only felt my mouth opening and closing. After a while, which seemed like forever, I finally managed to push his earlier statement to the side of my brain, for now.