꒱.✧ 暴力 ;; crow killing ritual

◇◇◇

◇◇◇

My older brother's ghost haunts me. I see him on the other side of the road when I am waiting for the signal at the pedestrian walk; I see his back whenever I walk into crowded places; his face was plastered all over the city when I took a short break. Even on the day I plan to submit a resignation paper to our Agency, Sakunosuke's ghost stood still in front of our building's entrance. I could not do it in the beginning because my older brother was looking at me straight in the eye with an unreadable expression. I could not draw a slightest idea what it meant. Every time I mustered my courage to walk to the Agency, he was there waiting patiently.

At first, I was pretty sentimental about it. I was aware I was hallucinating. His ghost was proof that I am unable to accept his death; a manifestation of my desire to see him after he left with not a single farewell letter for me. I could never know what kind of thoughts he had before he left and I had realized that it might be the reason why I could not read the ghost's expression. Naturally, there were lingering feelings in my heart seeking answers on his decision. But I figured it was better left unanswered and yet some nights, I found myself wondering if my life was ever so worthy to make him stay behind. I tried to ignore it and over time, these feelings turned into bitterness; a frustration that I wanted to get rid off. And the fact that his ghost still lives around this city only amplifies my anger for him and to myself.

Would I go back to change the past so my older brother could live? I keep thinking about that question ever since the cult encouraged me to do so. I would like to yet some part of me sits unsettled and screams back at me and causes me to refuse. Perhaps they were right about me. I was not ambitious to go such lengths. I cannot understand the idea of changing the past and it is funny enough because I should; considering how I was angry about not being able to save my past life's sibling. Yvette only wants one thing and it was to go back and change them. If it were her, she would immediately grab the opportunity to do so. But when one keeps thinking about a certain plan, it oddly becomes something undesirable.

The sirens of ambulances and police cars echoed in the area. They have arrived and are tasked to investigate what truly happened. Yosano had asked them for a search request for Atsushi-kun and the young girl with him. The doctor never mentioned any relations of her being the assassin of Port Mafia and her involvement in the crime. I watched their faces shake in disappointment, powerless to prevent the incident; some were frightened because it was the Port Mafia's crime; and those who overheard passenger's stories were quite frustrated to which I assumed they were rookies, thinking that they could hold power against the mafia of the city. Scanning the area has also given me awareness of Furutani's presence in the area.