Chapter 24: Saving Elijah or saving Davina ?

Start from the beginning

- I can't. She has to be born of my family's bloodline. Technically I have your family blood in me...

- It's not enough, we need a real Mikaelson witch.

- Hope, Hayley answered. No. She's too young for this, Hayley added quickly.

- But she's strong, I sighed. Stronger than I am, that's for sure, magic is like breathing for her.

- Y/n is right, she's stronger than I was at her age. Hayley I would never hurt my niece, ever, Freya said trying to reassure Hayley. »

Hayley finally agreed. Hope joined us, brave like always. And we started to do the spell again. At a moment we heard Hayley yelling for us to stop and losing herself in Elijah's subconscious so he had to send Hope. Let's say that it definitely took a lot more power to send her there too. Finally Hope came back to us saying we could fix the pendant.

I went to take a blood bag before going back to Freya to see what we could do now. When I arrived she was already speaking with her sister about the possibility of killing the Hollow to bring Elijah back.

« Assuming it's even possible. If it's not, we're going to have to consider alternatives, Freya said.

- Such as ? Rebekah asked.

- I know you don't want to hear it, but we have to choose between Marcel and Elijah... It's not a choice, she answered truthfully.

- Not a chance in hell, I intervened. We'll find a way to save Elijah but don't even think about killing Marcel to do so, I was pretty clear that we'll do no harm to him. Your family really has a problem with him... I sighed, annoyed, to my girlfriend.

- Having a little crush on him ? Rebekah asked, confused about my reaction.

- Never, I laughed. I'm more into women, like Mikaelson woman. Like a blond witch with an old school kinda vibe such as Freya, my girlfriend, I said precisely.

- I knew there was something between you, Rebekah smiled.

- That obvious ? I laughed. And also, Marcel is my best friend and my mentor. I already saw him die once, I still have nightmares about it, I don't need to see it twice.

- Right mentor, you're a heretic now, I felt something was different when we saw each other after all the bites and crazy marks my family and I had.

- Yep. And your family has the small habit of having beef with Marcel... I sighed heavily. So I am now the peacemaker, I said sarcastically. Or more like the babysitter or people who are thousands of years older than me.»

Suddenly my phone started to ring. It was Kol.

« You came back to New Orleans and didn't come see me buddy. I'm hurt, Kol.

- As much as I would like to see you, we have a huge problem.

- What is it ? I asked nervous.

- Are you alone ?

- No Freya and Rebekah are in the room with me, why ?

- I need you to trust me and go to another room and do a silencing spell so no one hears what I'm about to tell you, he said seriously.

- Give me five minutes, I'll call you back, I said hanging up. »

I excused myself to the two women, before going to an another room and lighting the sauge.

« It's done, tell me what happened Kol.

- It's The Hollow. It took Davina.

- What ?!

- When Vincent restored the line with the ancestor he used Davina as an anchor since she had died and was relieved. Davina came back with me to help us with The Hollow since the Ancestor asked her and we needed her. Well, The Hollow has resurrected, for now she's not immortal and my family is a threat to her. So she kidnapped Davina and linked their lives together. If we kill The Hollow, Davina is going to die.

- Holy shit... I cursed.

- So now, she told me to guard her totem for her while she takes care of my family. And you know that I'll do anything for Davina.

- I know Kol.

- Rebekah and I are supposed to go to the house where the totem is. I'm going to lie saying it's not here but my sister is stubborn she'll want to see for herself.

- So what do we do ? I can't let the Mikaelsons kill The Hollow or Davina die, but we have to kill it to save Elijah and everyone else. God ! I yelled, sending a chair flying across the room.

- Y/n, breath. I'll protect the totem and Davina with it. I'll trap Rebekah somewhere safe.

- But Kol, they want to kill The Hollow tonight, with this totem she's invulnerable.

- I won't let them take Davina, he stated determined.

- Wait, there's maybe another way. They're linked by magic right ? Maybe we can sever the link.

- I know a spell.

- But we'll need a powerful coven for that. And we don't have one.

- We don't, we just need a powerful witch.

- Hope, we said together. Come home fast then, we have to do this quickly or more people will die tonight. Be careful, and run fast.

- I will Y/n, he said before hanging up.»