Chapter 3 : The Fête de Cadeau festivities

ابدأ من البداية

« Not a fan of goats, huh ? Hayley asked.

- I love goats. But do you know how many of them I have to sacrifice ? Just once, I'd like to get a gift card. I mean, I know it's tradition but it's not me. And you know what I really hate ?

- That choker-scarf ? Hayley and I chuckled together

- Yes, this choker-scarf ! I only wore it because Josephine did, and I thought that maybe, if I were more like her they would respect me.

- You want me to kick their ass ?

- No Y/n, you can't do that.

- I can, powerful power source right here, I said showing Hayley.

- Here take this, you need it more than I do, Hayley said giving her a beer without commenting on my sentence. You know I wasn't okay with what you had me do to the Versailles Coven, but you're not either. Stop pretending to be someone you're not.

- She's right, they won't respect you if you don't show them who you truly are. You're a badass witch, act like it, I smirk at Davina.

- So if you're gonna wear an old lady choker-scarf, you're gonna get old lady goats, Hayley added making Davina laugh.

- Well I'll let you handle the goats, I'll see what Jackson is up to, I added leaving the two women alone . »

The witches of different covens were partying and drinking together, while I patrolled the cemetery quietly. The night had already started to fall on the cemetery and I thought there would be no one until I saw, between a row of tombs, witches casting a spell in a language I didn't recognize and holding a puppet that looked like Davina and a large knife. One of them was prepared to stab in the heart.

« In the name of what we lost, we will have justice for them, he said.

- Hey ! Put that knife down ! I yelled punching one witch in the face and siphoning him sending the other away. Ventus, I casted.

- You're a little old to be playing with dolls, Jackson said appearing behind him, alerted by the yelling.

- You're gonna finish me like your people finished off my mom ? The guy asked angrily.

- Enough, Jackson said grabbing the boy. You're coming with us. »

We arrived at the tomb with Jackson and the boy named Van. He got out of Jackson's arms and started yelling.

« You're already taken everything from me, so go ahead ! Kill me ! Get it over with !

- You tried to murder a Reagent, by witch law you should be hanged.

- Murder, he scoffed. Is that the first place your mind goes too ? Do you even know what I was using to attack you ?

- This isn't to kill me, Davina said after seeing the puppet in Jackson's hand.

- It's a figure veritas. Stab it in the heart, and the victim must confess their darkest truths.

- You wanted me to admit what I did to your mom so I'd be shunned, Davina said sadly.

- Maybe I'd rather see you dead, but at least that would be justice, he shrugged.

- Look, she's the one who attacked me, D. sighted. She wanted a mutiny and if that happened we'll have an all-out witch war to decide the next Reagent. How many people will die then ?

- So you think the covens are better off with you ?

- I do. I've seen things done the old way, I've done it, and it doesn't work. If you don't want peace, fine. Go you're free, but I'm asking you, please stay. We can work together. We can change things. »

Van didn't say another word before leaving the tomb. I could see that the two wolves seemed impressed by Davina's will to lead the witches in a peaceful direction. However the young girl looked disappointed. Seeing that I went to hug her tightly, reassuring her that she was doing a good job, and everything will be fine. I spent the end of the night with Davina and the coven until people were starting to go back home. When it was over, we went outside where Hayley was sitting on a bench drinking another beer.

« Happy witch day or whatever this is to you two girls.

- Hayley, I wanted to thank you.

- For what ?

- Maybe the free fashion advice, I laughed followed by the two girls.

- No, to let me see that I needed to do things as I want to, not like my predecessor did. I am my own person and people are couting on me. So, I asked the Ancestor to give me the magic to lift your curse, the young girl said holding a lit candle with a moon on it. Since it's Cadeau, they granted it, she told Hayley before blowing the candle. Keeping you as a slave seems something they would do. Not me. I'd rather have you as a friend.

- Thank you, Haykey smiled widely.

- I'm so happy to see the start of such a beautiful friendship, I smiled looking at the girls faking to wipe a few tears.

- We'll be a hell of a trio. A witch, a siphoner and a hybrid, Hayley laughed.»

Hayley's pov:

I was surprised when Y/n didn't recognise Jackson and I. I mean seeing someone change into a werewolf in front of you generally leave a mark. But then I thought about it and the answer became clear. The Mikaelson had compelled her. But why ? Well, I was heading home after the long day and night I had spent with Davina and Y/n, so I was going to ask my babysitter, Freya.

« Why did you compelled Y/n ?

- It was safer that way.

- Is it ? Because the witches that are almost into civil war are safer ? I ask disbelievingly.

- You know that our family inherits with enemy...

- But she was just a friend, an acquaintance. Someone who needed your help, I cut her. Now she doesn't even remember how she learned she was a witch.

- She would have become more, she whispered.

- Why ?

- Because she's kind and beautiful and loving any of us is just dangerous, Freya yelled. I'm not losing anyone else.

- She's stronger than you think. It's only been a month and Jackson told me she uses her ability like she had been used to her all live. And you know that Davina also inherited from Marcel and so Klaus' enemy too.

- She's saffer there, and if she needs us she'll call, Freya affirmed leaving my apartment. »

Goddamn Mikaelson, they were really stubborn and paranoiac. But whether Freya would like it or not, Y/n had been dragged into the supernatural world and all of his danger.