𝐗𝐗𝐕

Mark had gotten rid of a motorcycle and started using his car. Like this, he could bring more stuff to work, like extra clothes or blankets. Because even as Senior Inspector, he didn't stop being a workaholic. In fact, he turned into one even more.

But, avoiding staying in the building, as he knew Donghyuck was there too, Mark planned to leave for that night and return to his lonely apartment. He carried a few things down to the parking lot, a box with case files to read so he could have a good sleep, and then approached his car. Holding the box tightly, he tried to find the key in the pocket of his long black coat, but in vain, as it had seemed he had it in another pocket.

Grunting, Mark put the box on the car trunk and searched for the key in another, instantly touching it.

"Thankfully," he scoffed, as losing the key would've cost him nerves to get back into the building.

"Leaving already?"

Mark looked over his shoulder, noticing Donghyuck coming out of the shadows with his arms behind his back. He wore a brown vest, white dress shirt, nicely fitting black pants, a dark-colored coat, but way warmer than Mark's, and simple black shiny shoes. That was something the inspector didn't think he would see him wearing. He looked so normal.

"Yeah, there's nothing much to do," Mark said with a sigh, unlocking his car. "It's also very late."

"Too early to sleep, though," Donghyuck joked, but the senior inspector didn't laugh.

Mark opened the car door and put the box down on the backseat. As he closed the door, he flinched when he saw Donghyuck's reflection right behind him.

"Do you have a piece of paper in there?" the psychologist asked, pointing at the door that was just closed.

"Why?" Mark asked, narrowing his eyes as he once again couldn't read Donghyuck at all. And it was way scarier than the last two times.

"I just got an idea," the younger flashed a smile as he looked at the senior inspector. "You know how they are. If I don't write them down, they may leave my mind completely."

Mark understood that from his own experience, therefore he opened the door and, shuffling the box, he found an unused notebook. Tearing a piece of paper, he headed it to Donghyuck, also providing him with a pen he got in his pocket. He then wanted to leave, but realizing that he had given the younger his pen, he stood there waiting for the latter to finish.

"That's a very nice pen," Donghyuck said, returning it to Mark.

"Yeah," the latter said dryly, shoving it into his pocket, ready to turn away.

"Wait."

Before Mark could even react, Donghyuck shoved the paper into his hand. The senior inspector looked at the psychologist in confusion, then instantly lifted it to read.

If you're single, can another single man accompany you tonight?

Mark looked at the younger, quickly noticing how the latter was trying to use psychology to read his body language and mind. Donghyuck's eyes were so deep and attentive to him. He was analyzing Mark. In vain because Senior Inspector Lee was skilled in hiding his feelings and staying rational.

Donghyuck wasn't. When he was nervous, it was obvious on his face. His eyes got down as he focused them on the older's face, getting impatient that he couldn't read him. The thing is, Mark didn't even think of letting the psychologist have fun understanding his emotions. Because if he did, Donghyuck would see something he shouldn't.

Mark folded the piece of paper, put it in the upper pocket of his coat, and opened the door of the passenger's seat. With no words said, Donghyuck understood the invitation and smiled.