𝐗𝐈𝐕

Before Mark could ask where he was, Donghyuck gave the information himself. He mentioned he was at Hongdae and described his surroundings messily. It wasn't that far from the bureau, but in another place than where the younger was the last time.

"Okay, I hear you," Mark gulped, feeling nervous. "Are you in danger right now?"

"I don't know... I ran away," the latter said, breathing heavily. "He could be here any minute..."

"Are you hurt?"

"I am. There's no blood, but I'm really cold..."

"How much does it hurt?" Mark asked, at the same time reaching for the landline phone, ready to send Chenle and Jisung to Donghyuck.

"Stop asking stupid questions..." the younger grumbled, then started crying. "It hurts so much..."

"Stay with me on the line, okay?" Mark asked desperately, then put the other phone to his ear. "Lee Donghyuck just contacted me," he informed them and then gave all the details. "Paramedics are needed," he then ended the call and gave full attention to Donghyuck. "The help is on its way. I'm coming too."

Mark grabbed his coat, left the desk, and then the office. He listened to the other male's breathing as he rushed to the elevator, where he wore his coat in a rush. The inspector soon ended up in the garage, and after a few minutes, he was sitting on his motorbike and putting on earphones.

"Are you still here with me?"

"Yes..." Donghyuck mumbled. "Be quick, I don't know where I am."

"Don't move, okay? We need your location."

Mark knew the police most likely contacted the mobile operators to get the information on that area, or at least, near it, and may have received Donghyuck's exact location.

As he rode the motorbike, heading to the place, once in a while, the inspector asked Donghyuck questions to know if he was still there, especially when he grew silent.

"Do you know where you ran away from?"

"It's my first time in these streets... I-I don't know. It seems like a distant place."

"The path you chose, was it straight, or did you run where your eyes took you?" Mark asked, checking on the map.

"I don't remember," the younger whimpered, then suddenly became quiet.

Mark sensed danger.

"Are you still there?"

"H-he's here," Donghyuck whispered.

The call ended.

The inspector avoided turning on the sirens a few minutes ago, but as he knew Donghyuck was in danger, he didn't hesitate to use his position as a detective inspector. Hearing the sharp, ear-piercing signal, some drivers moved away, and others slowed down. Mark dived between the cars, flying down the road and drawing closer and closer to the location. His team was already informed about the situation, and soon, Yuta called him.

"The guy is in danger," Mark delivered the speech right away before the senior could say something. "He doesn't know where he is. Please, tell me that others are on their way, otherwise, we may be too late."

"Jeno and Jaemin happened to be near that place. I think they'll handle it."

"Thank god," Mark fetched a sigh but didn't calm down.

He spent eight more minutes trying to reach the location. Each minute was nerve-wracking, and his heartbeat increased. No one called him, and the inspector didn't know what to expect. As he reached the area, he spotted an ambulance and a few police cars. He hoped they were there in time. One of the plain-looking cars belonged to Jeno, and the inspector felt a bit relieved that his team was already there. Mark got off his motorbike and quickly took off his helmet. He didn't see if he had left it safely as he dashed to the crowd at the end of the street.