Chapter 11 - Playing a game of cat and mouse

Start from the beginning

"Then try to run as fast as possible and avoid its claws."

"Well, thank you Captain Obvious..." Diana responded with annoyance in her voice, before taking cat's attention on herself.

While she kept the cat distracted, we quickly grabbed the ball and tried to get it through cat's hoop. As I was about to throw it, Diana was forced to make a sudden evasive maneuver, which forced me to throw the ball to an MTF closer to the animated, who without hesitation threw it through the hoop, scoring us the first point. However, our joy was short-lived, as literally one second later the enemy team also scored a point, while our basketballs teleported to the other side of the room.

Our team almost immediately began tossing the ball to the other side of the room, and D-class team did the same thing. After a few more seconds it was time to score another point, but the scientist who had the ball missed, and the ball fell next to the cat, who accidentally tossed it away, and even though we managed to catch it relatively quickly, the other team has scored the second point and began running for the third.

It took us two more attempts to get the basketball through the hoop, but unfortunately it wasn't enough, as D-class team scored their third point in this round and secured a point in the competition. Shortly after that, everyone who was eaten by the cats got released and healed from any wounds they suffered.

"The first point of this competition goes to the D-class team!" Siggurós spoke loudly, while the entire live stream chat started contemplating about the cat, which according to them looked really pettable.

"That was way too close!" Diana said while grabbing a glass of water.

"Well, at least you didn't get eaten." I responded before adding. "D-class team won by sacrificing six people to the cat.

"It doesn't really matter to us considering we have lost the round. How much would you like to bet that we're gonna deal with lasers next?"

"Diana don't give them ideas!" Leif yelled almost immediately, while Siggurós started giggling, before saying:

"Oh but she isn't wrong, that is going to be a part of the next competition."

"Oh you have got to be freaking kidding me..." Leif spoke, visibly disappointed from what 239 said.

"Suckers!" Natas yelled to us before running away to his team with a maniacal laughter, which was already annoying to us.

"Hey, Siggurós?" Diana suddenly piped up a question.

"Yes?"

"I have an important question. May I smack Natas for the sake of our team's honour?" Diana asked with a slight smile.

"I'd rather avoid any violence between your teams, but I can punish him for unsportsmanlike behaviour in a different way..." She responded with an even bigger smile, before manifesting a white cone hat on Natas' head with a word "Donkey" written on it, which quickly gathered everyone's attention.

Visibly furious, Natas tried to take the hat, only to figure out it was glued to his own head, and after an unsuccessful attempt to destroy the hat, he approached Siggurós with anger.

"Take it away bitch." He demanded, but 239 didn't even say anything after the insult, which gave Natas confidence to try and punch her.

However, his arm almost immediately fell down as Siggurós removed every single bone in it, and then in Natas' body, which made him fall on the floor like a gelatinous mass. With annoyance in his eyes he tried to stand up, only to realize it was impossible, while she spoke coldly to him without any emotions:

"Insult me, my friends or other contestants one more time, and I am going to cover you in flour, egg wash and breadcrumbs, and then toss you into a container full of hot boiling oil, and keep you in there until you are fully deep-fried and cooked to well-done. Am I being clear..?"