He gathered his notepad, pen and picked up his laptop. Then he was on his feet. Andrew walked up to the last seat on the left row and there he settled. Ijeawele had lifted her eyes from her laptop and watched him make himself comfortable on another seat. Softly, she bit her lower lip. A wave of guilt took over her as she realised he'd moved because of her. She wondered if she'd presented herself too uncomfortable. Yes, she did feel that way and yet, she also didn't want him to think she hated his presence or anything of a sort. She wondered if she should say something. Before she could do that, the others trooped in and soon they started the meeting.

Nearly an hour later, they were done and everyone trooped out in the same order they came in. Andrew stayed behind to disconnect the screen he'd set up. Ijeawele was about to walk out. Suddenly, she stopped and left the door closed. Throughout the meeting, it bothered her and she was unable to stop herself from stealing glances at him. She knew she would need to say something to erase this strange guilt she felt.

"Andrew." Ijeawele called after she walked up to him.

He stopped what he was doing and raised his eyes to her.

Ijeawele had a sense of what she needed to say. Regardless, she found it hard to pass that across. Not once had she ever classified herself as the shy type. Whenever she needed to say something, she always stood firm if need be and passed the message across. And now, with Andrew, she was finding that difficult to do.

"Last night..." Ijeawele started, her gaze faltering between meeting Andrew's gaze and the view anywhere else but him. "... you kissed me and that... you took me by surprise." She watched him for a straight two seconds to see if there was a reaction. There was nothing particular and therefore, she continued.

"I feel like you have an expectation and..." Ijeawele lightly cleared her throat. "... you might be disappointed or feel hurt that I'm not meeting your expectations."

For a second, there was a light frown between Andrew's brows. He walked closer to her and stretched out a hand. She looked from his hand and back to him.

"Can I have your phone?" He asked. Ijeawele felt the need to ask why. She didn't do that. Instead, she handed it over to him.

"Please, unlock it." He told her once he realised it was locked. She placed her thumb on the screen and it unlocked.

Andrew went straight for the call log and typed in a phone number. He pressed the dial button and his phone on the table rang. Then he disconnected the dialling on Ijeawele's phone.

"It's heartbreaking that whenever I miss you, I can't reach you." His lips curled up into a smile while he handed her phone back to her. Ijeawele looked from the phone in her hand and back to him. His words were a surprise for her. Like the night before, she felt too dumbfounded.

"Please save my number." Andrew politely told her. Ijeawele didn't have it in her to reject his words. So, she gave a light nod.

"I kissed you because I've always secretly wanted to do it since the first day I saw you." Andrew suddenly mentioned without faltering his gaze on her. He thought it was best to be as clear as possible to avoid any misunderstanding on her part. Ijeawele on the other hand didn't expect him to be candid and bold about his feelings. She used to think it was best to pretend like she didn't care for him and maybe, the feelings will go away. But with each passing time that he's sweet on her, she could feel herself falling further in love with him.

What is she going to do?

"If you're very uncomfortable and not ready, we don't have to put a name on whatever is going on between us. I just... Can we get to know each other more?"

This time, Ijeawele was able to steady her gaze on him. While she could feel the slight excitement in the glimmer of hope for her future, she could still feel the fear trying to consume her from within. Her life wasn't as simple as black or white. Ijeawele feared she might drown him along with her.

"I'm a divorcee." Her voice was low and with a hint of weakness.

"I don't care." Andrew told her.

He has always been aware that she was married before and the thought of a second chance might scare her. Yet, he never let it be the reason that he would try to curb his growing attachment for her. He didn't care and he meant every word of it. Ijeawele was a beautiful woman with her own name and accomplishments. She has her charms and attributes that make her different. He could see that and that was why he loved her.

"It's okay. You don't have to answer me right now... I'll wait." Andrew explained, seeing as she was hesitant to mention a yes or no. Because for her, they weren't just simple words. They meant more.

Happy new year guys! Thank you for being with me into another year. I hit a creative wall and missed the usual time of updating. Sincerely sorry to those that have been waiting. Pls vote or comment. Your feedback is always appreciated.