Chapter 99 - Awkward Situation

Start from the beginning

I wanted to hide until the end of the time limit but someone showed up from the forest on the island...But those crazy cultist members will still hit me even after the time limit ends. Should I look for Cale Henituse and his group to help me to protect me from them? Kim Dokja thought as he felt that he would still be in danger even after the time limit ended.

“Ahjussis should be careful. Get off this island if you know what is good for you.”

It was a strong voice. The girl dressed in a black hoodie over her uniform walked towards the men.

“Who are you?”

“A young person who is unafraid…”

“My armmmmm!”

“Uwaaaah!”

Her sword moved through the air and the men who had their arms cut off screamed. One of the relatively younger incarnations shouted.

“It is her, the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare!”

“What? Why is that girl here?”

“Run! Run away!”

The incarnations hurriedly used Flight Maneuvers but their talent wasn’t as high as Kim Dokja thought. A few of them were slightly strong. However, the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare wouldn’t make anyone his incarnation, even if they were a descendant of his friend.

The girl pointed her sharp blade at Kim Dokja. “Ahjussi, are you going to come out? Why are you hiding when you have the target mark on you?”

That reminded me, that I still had the arrow above my head. Kim Dokja sighed and left the forest with both hands raised. “Are you going to kill me?”

“I’d like to but Master will be sad.” The long-haired girl, Lee Jihye put away her sword with a laugh.

Her strength had increased in the 10 days they hadn’t met.

Lee Jihye saw Kim Dokja's injured arm and said to him. “How have you been? I don’t think you have been well.”

“Then why ask? I thought you had returned to Daepong High School. Why are you here?”

“Master picked me up a few days ago. I don’t know how he found me.”

Yoo Jonghyuk? I knew that Lee Jihye was a key member of Yoo Jonghyuk’s party but to go there and find her…

Kim Dokja looked at her physical body stats using Calm Observation. The total value was roughly over 160. Her strength and physique seemed slightly lower but she had reached the limit on her stats for the fifth scenario.

Moreover, Demon Slayer and Sword Training had improved further.

It seemed that all the characters in Ways of Survival grew faster when they weren’t around me. Did they all have a mental block because of me? But those crazy cultists that follow Cale Henituse and his group seem to be growing faster the closer they are to them. What is the difference? Kim Dokja wonders about the differences between the people around him and Cale Henituse’s group.

While Kim Dokja was thinking about the growth, Lee Jihye suddenly asked. “What about Ahjussi’s party? Have you met Heewon unni?”

“The others are waiting in Yongsan-gu. I haven’t met Heewon-ssi yet.” Kim Dokja honestly answered.

“Too bad. She wanted to see you.” Lee Jihye looked disappointed when he heard Kim Dokja answer.

Come to think of it, Jung Heewon and Lee Jihye were in similar positions. Kim Dokja looked around carefully and asked. “Did you come with Yoo Jonghyuk?”