chapter thirty four.

Start from the beginning

"On God." Keanu agreed. "She decorated the front of the house too. Mieke ain't fucking with it though. She ain't fucking with today at all."

Fela frowned, "Why? It's prom. I was happy as hell when it was my prom. Ask yo grandma."

"She ain't wanna go. The only reason she's going is cause Cyrinna kept jumping down her back bout it, telling her how she needa go to prom cause she ain't get to go, and she regrets not going to her prom all the time and shit so Mieke just said she gon go so Cyrinna could shut up."

"Oh, so that's why she's going all out." Fela said, nodding slowly and Keanu nodded in agreement. "I swear I don't know what's up with y'all kids cause baby back in my day? Babyyy everybody looked forward to prom. Now y'all act like prom is just another day. That makes me sad. Y'all kids don't know what y'all missing."

"Y'all only looked forward to it cause y'all knew what was gon happen after. Y'all ain't care bout it forreal. Prom is just a regular ass party, It's parties every week. Aint shit special bout it."

Fela retorted, "Ain't shit was going on after."

"Y'all prom was in May, You had me January 30th." Keanu stated then he tapped his temple, "It's a lot that was going on that night."

Fela waved him off, "Just be grateful you here."

Keanu looked at Fela, his expression turning to one of disgust, "Aight you could leave now."

"Boy, bye. Are you nervous?"

Keanu looked at Fela, a mix of confusion and amusement crossing his face. He chuckled and replied, "Ma, what? What I'ma be nervous for?"

Fela leaned back on the bed, eyeing Keanu with a sly smile. "You ain't nervous to see Mieke?"

Keanu shook his head. "I'm good. It's just prom."

"So you ain't nervous for when she walks out the house looking all fine?" Fela questioned, peering at Keanu with a raised eyebrow. He looked back at her, shaking his head no. "Keanu, Bye. This is one of them times you just gotta take a step back and appreciate how beautiful your girl is. Everybody I know was nervous as hell. Yo daddy was nervous as fuck. You should be too."

Keanu shrugged, "She looks good all the time. This ain't nun new, That's why I ain't nervous."

Fela smiled at his response. "Okay, I like that." she nodded. "You might not be nervous now but babyyy when it's yall wedding day? You gon be nervous as fuck, You already know that though."

Keanu chuckled, grabbing his vest as he responded, "You think we gon' get married?"

Keanu's bedroom door swung open, revealing Rulo standing there. "Aight, nigga, I see you." he said with a smile playing on his lips. Then, his gaze shifted to Fela, and he continued, "Sage outside chasing after Chiara in yo momma wheelchair while tryna hit her with her cane."

Fela rolled her eyes and let out a frustrated sigh. "And why you ain't out there stopping them?"

"I tried, but that shit is too funny," Rulo laughed. "He's out there wheeling fast while the cane just in the air tryna hit Chiara, That shit's funny."