chapter twenty nine.

excuse any mistakes.

𝐌𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝙹𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙴𝚈 𝙲𝙸𝚃𝚈, 𝙽𝙹.

"Remember when we went on that cruise and everyone was in their rooms, and we played ding dong ditch with Daddy?" Dakota asked, laughing. Mieke was lost, but once she remembered the memory, she started laughing too.

"I remember that." Mieke said, laughing. "Momma was mad as hell when she found out."

"Talking bout some 'There are people that are trying to sleep and yall playing on their doors for laughs?" Dakota recalled. "Then Derrick you're a grown man you supposed to be a good influence why the fuck are you playing with them?"

"Then here goes daddy making it worse by saying 'I never said I wanted to be a good influence."

Dakota chuckled "Now that set momma off for real, She ain't talk to him for the rest of that cruise, Everytime she wanted to say something to him she used us to say it. That whole trip was funny, two adults having to take care and make sure four badass kids sticked together while they were immature and couldn't stick together too."

"On god," Mieke said, grabbing her hairbrush. "All of our trips were funny, I miss when life was great. We ain't have shit to stress about and momma and daddy was still together and stuff."

"You think I'm selfish for sometimes wishing momma and daddy were still together?" Dakota said, looking a bit annoyed. "Like I like Ivy, she's cool and all, but I miss momma and daddy."

"No," Mieke shook her head. "I don't think you're selfish, you just want life to go back to the way it was before everything started going downhill. You miss having both our parents, and I get that. It's not selfish, it's just natural to feel that way when things have changed so drastically."

Dakota sighed and leaned on the bathroom door. "I just feel like I'm being selfish sometimes, cause their whole relationship was so toxic and it just drained Daddy so much and here I am wishing they could go back to how things were before."

"It's not selfish though. Momma and daddy been together since you were born. You're just mourning the loss of something that was a big part of your life for a long time. Its okay to miss it because even though things were bad, it was still the normal that we were used to for years."

"This conversation is getting too sentimental for me," Dakota sighed "I don't want to talk about this anymore. Where you and Keanu going?"

Mieke picked up her lip gloss and removed the cap. "We're going to watch 'The Blackening."

Dakota looked at Mieke, surprised. "It's out already?" She asked and Mieke nodded "Wow, I dead been talking about how I wanna watch that movie since I saw the trailer. Let me go text Taraji nem, We gotta watch that movie." Dakota said before walking out of the bathroom.

Mieke continued putting on her lip gloss, smoothing it over her lips. Once she finished, she picked up her hairbrush again, running it through her wig softly to tidy it up. Satisfied, she walked out of the bathroom and made her way to her vanity, where she grabbed her perfume and sprayed some all over her and her wrists.

Mieke then headed to her closet and reached for her Versace slippers, slipping them on. Since she and Keanu were going to a drive-in theater, she opted for a comfortable outfit knowing they would be spending most of the time in the car.