chapter thirty one.

En başından başla

Keanu smiled back, "Thank you baby." he expressed leaning in to kiss her gently on the lips.

Mieke pulled away from the hug, grabbing a cold water bottle from her bag. She opened it, putting it to Keanu's mouth, and burst into laughter, saying, "I feel like your mom right now."

Keanu began to say, "You my mo-" but Mieke swiftly placed her hand over his mouth.

Through laughs, Mieke warned, "You're not saying that, you gon give me the biggest ick if you do." And her and Keanu continued laughing.

"Aight, I ain't gon say it. How was your day?"

"It's going good. I got my nails and feet done. I'm feeling good, looking good, life is just good."

Keanu nodded, saying, "I like hearing that." He then grabbed Mieke's hands, examining her nails, complimenting, "I fuck with them, they're fire."

"Thanks, you picked them out."

A whistle cut through the air and Mieke and Keanu looked over at the coach, who was blowing the whistle. Mieke turned back to Keanu and pulled away from their hug saying, "Okay, you gotta get back to practicing now." She then nudged him, "I'ma be right over there with Nia."

"Aight, I love you."

"I love you too." Mieke replied before she walked away, heading back to where Nia was. She took a seat next to Nia and glanced back at Keanu, smiling as she watched him return to practice.

"I do not like that girl." Nia stated.

Mieke raised an eyebrow. "Who? I swear you don't like nobody."

"That's not true, I like you." Nia retorted, then she nodded towards a particular girl among the group. "I don't like her because she tried to trap Cam, that weird bitch right over there."

"How'd she try to trap him? Put me on."

"Her name is Dejah or whatever. Her and Cam used to mess with each other, and she basically groomed him. That's a whole 42-year-old right there, mind you Cam is only 25. She's been trying to get with him since Cam was 19, literally."

"I'm sorry, What?" Mieke asked disgusted.

"Right? It's predatory," Nia continued, shaking her head. "She's literally old enough to be his mom. So Cam finally gave in, and they fucked, a couple of times actually. Then she texted his phone, talking about she's pregnant, and he didn't believe it because he was safe every time they did the do. Like, every single time they did it, he used a condom and made her take a Plan B after. I mean, I know you can't trust condoms and Plan Bs completely, but there's no way you're getting pregnant with that level of precaution."

"Is that the baby?" Mieke nodded towards the little girl in the stroller next to Dejah.

Nia took a closer look at the little girl in the stroller next to Dejah, squinting her eyes as she studied her features. "No, that's not the baby. She doesn't show that kid because she knows her comments will just be filled with people calling her out for trying to pin a white baby on Cam."

Mieke looked at Nia with a skeptical expression and Nia nodded, "Yeah, that baby came out super white. I mean, most babies are born light you could tell that was just a white baby. The dad's as white as they come. That kid is gonna have to go through hell to prove she's got black in her."